Part 6: The Flashback

Aria's POV

What am I doing?!?! Who just shows up at someone's house like this? He must think I'm crazy....well I guess I really am. "we need to talk." I repeated.

A very confused nate looked up at me, "yea, I guess we do...about last night..".

"no." I interupted, "not here." I looked towards his bedroom door. I know Destery lives here too. I can't risk him knowing I am here. especially after what happened when we got back to the café.

"I know a park nearby. Maybe we could go for a walk?" he suggested.

"yea. sure." I agreed. I got up to climb out the window when he grabbed my arm.

"It's cold outside. Wear this." he handed me a jacket. I thanked him and put it on. It was big on me and really was not my style...well it used to be. But it smelled like him and that was comforting. At least it was safe to assume that he doesn't completely hate me.

We left his house and now its really awkward. Can he feel this tension too? Maybe I am just overreacting and it is really not that big of a deal. And on top of this, there is what happened between me and Destery earlier...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*--*-*-*-*-

Earlier that day with Destery

Aria's POV

That was a really intense hike. He probably thinks I am a freak now. We are almost back to the café and he hasn't even said a word. I wonder what he is thinking. Damn...I've only known these boys for one day and look at the mess I am in. If only they knew.

"what are you thinking about?" I finally ask.

He replied, "you.", then put his car in park.

"what about me? I felt myself begin to blush.

"what is your favorite color", he asked ever so calmly. It caught me off guard. I take his shirt off,  throw it off a cliff, and he asks me my favorite color. Who is this kid?!?!

"Guess", I replied.

"Pink?" he optimistically said with a smile.

"Wow do I come off as one of THOSE girls? You're funny Destrey.", I always make everything so difficult don't I. I really am fucked up.

"You could just tell me", he replied.

I just looked at him and laughed, "Where is the fun in that?", then we continued talking.

*-*-*-Destery's POV*-*-*-

How long have we been sitting here talking? One hour? Maybe two? I can't remember the last time it was this easy just to be able to talk to someone and really not run out of things to talk about. But anytime I ask her anything to personal, she changes the topic.

"So do you have any siblings?" I asked. Just then she immediately froze. I could tell I had upset her.

"Ummm...." , she began, "Yea, actually. I do." Suddenly her eyes went dark. I knew nothing good would come of this.

"You know you really are a mystery. And that's all right. At first, I was trying to figure you out,".

She interupted,"Destery I...", I stopped her.

"Aria I am not going to try and figure you out anymore. I am going to wait for you to be comfortable enough to tell me who you are. And I can be very patient when I want to be." I smiled at her.

She looked at me almost as to say thank you. But I could be wrong. I have only know her for a day after all. Yet everything about her only makes me want to be with her every second of the day.

She went to open the car door and as she did she turned her head and said,"My favorite color is Purple". She smiled and went to get out.

I don't know what gotten into me, Maybe I am just caught in the moment. But I reached for her arm, "wait", I pulled her back into the car and kissed her. And she kissed me back.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Back to that night with Nathan

Aria's POV

Earlier today Destrey had kissed me. And I kissed him back. And not, only a few hours later I am sitting on the swing set with Nathan. 

"I'm sorry, Nathan", I said reluctantly,"about last night. I was really drunk and I was really depressed. I drink A lot and...", he suddenly hugged me.

"No, I'm sorry for just leaving you. You really needed someone and I just left you"

"That's not your responsibility though.."

"That's not the point. In the end, you are a human being with feelings and I could have been there for you".

"Nathan, after what I told you...well..you should be furious with me",

it's true. No one deserves that burden. Only I do.

"Well you could make it up to me by explaining?", he nervously asked.

"I have only ever told a few people about that night. The night my brother died. And it's a long story."

"We have all night", he replied. Oh my God am I really going to do this?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Nathan's POV

Oh shit she is really going to tell me! I honestly did not think that this would happen.

I took her hand. It is so tiny, I knew that she was small but this is crazy, skin and bone. She is cold.

I led her to a tree only a few feet away. We sat down on the wet grass. I noticed her shivering, "Are you cold?", I asked.

"No it's not that.", she said.

"Then what's wrong?", I asked.

"I'm scared." , she sighed.

"Of what?", I asked.

"It has been two years since that night. The night that Jace died. I've only told lawyers, my parents, and  Damon. And even now my parents can't even look me in the eyes anymore..", she stopped.

"We all have our demons. I'm not like that. Just start at the beginning". I said as I took her hand once more.

"The story goes back 6 years. He was my brother's friend and the love of my life. It all starts with Monroe.....".

Just then, the darkness I saw in her eyes the night before returned.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*+*-*-*-*-*-*-

Sorry it took forever to update! I got really busy but I promise to update more often! I really hope you liked it!  :)