Hour Seven: Confused

I can't help myself from glancing over at Noah every few seconds as he intently reads a book about the history of baseball players. My own book is resting on my stomach as we just lay in silence, wondering how to get rid of extreme boredom. I pick up my phone and look to see that right now, students would be in the last class of the day, watching the clock to make time go faster. I scroll through some social media but then I get bored of that and just close my eyes.

"So, now that we have kissed twice I think it is safe to say I can kiss you whenever I want to," Noah mumbles casually, not even turning his head away from the book.

"I don't really think that is how it works," I retort and look away from him so my red cheeks can fade back to their normal color.

"Please, I am so bored and kissing is very time consuming," he smirks, letting his eyes trail over to my face where I am staring at him with a straight face.

"No thanks," I laugh and pick up my book to start reading again. From the corner of my eye I see Noah roll over to me and then I feel his body heat surrounding me. I don't let my eyes wander from my book as Noah scrutinizes my face.

"You know you liked it, Kate," he whispers and his breath puffs out on my face. I close my eyes and then I cover his mouth with my hand and simply say, "shh, I am sleeping."

"Fine," he grunts, annoyed and I feel the cool air wrap around me again. I keep my eyes closed and will myself to fall asleep so this day can go faster but nothing can keep my thoughts from racing in so many different directions. Blair shows up at the front of my brain multiple times but I push her back, forcing myself not to cry and to keep a positive attitude toward escaping this day.

"So, what are we," Noah pipes up and I look at him confused.

"What?" I can not help myself from letting out a slight giggle.

"Well, we kissed, we obviously both liked it. Now I have an attraction to you, you have one to me. So... what are we?"

Holy shit, he is serious.

"Nothing," I quickly spurt out. My last relationship ended bad and I am not looking for a new one right now.

"Gee, that was quick," Noah scoffs, obviously hurt and I start to jumble words together.

"Listen, I... Okay so... I just don't think... Listen, Noah. I just my last relationsh-" his hurt glare cuts me off and then he states,"it's whatever. I don't care."

And then he rolls over and now my eyes are trained on his back, but I give up when the force of my eyes alone do not roll him over. After a while his breathing slows and I realize he has actually fallen asleep.

"I want to be with you," I whisper to him, but he doesn't wake up, and he wasn't pretending to be asleep and do that until I admit my feelings dramatically like in rom-coms, he didn't even shift in his position when I admit it again, slightly louder.

---

"Quick! Hide! He is coming," I jerk up from my short sleep hearing those words. Fear fills me and my heart jumps to my throat. I look over at Noah to see him still asleep, but he keeps shouting those words in my direction. I rush over and shake him violently until his eyes open.

"Kate," he breathes and pulls me in to his body. He is sweating and I fight the urge to cringe because I know how bad his nightmare must have been. He relaxes soon after and then releases me.

"It was so terrible," he shudders and closes his eyes in pain as he remembers what had happened to him.

"It's okay, we are okay now," I run my fingers through his hair until his breathing calms down and then I give him a water bottle from the teacher's stash.

My heart aches seeing the fear in his face and I know nothing I do can stop that. I lean down thinking that kissing will maybe help him forget it but he moves his head to the side when he sees my advance coming and I pull back from the rejection.

"I don't want to kiss you if we aren't actually something," he tells me, still not making eye contact.

"Then," he looks at me as I pause and think.

"Then what?"

And I lean into kiss him again, this time he doesn't pull away. He starts smiling and I can't help but smile back. He pushes me back onto the ground and climbs on top of me.

"I am glad you said that," he whispers and presses his lips back onto mine.

"I am pretty glad too," I breathe in between kisses.

---

"You need to catch it in your mouth," he laughs and chucks another gummy in the air. My reflexes react and I reach out with my hands to catch the gummy. I groan and hand another package to him.

"If you can do it, I can do it," I tell him and open a package. He gets it the first time and looks at me triumphantly.

"Fuck off," I grumble and he laughs at me as I pout and eat the rest of the package.

---

SORRY FOR SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER IT WON"T BE LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME I SWEAR