Girl Meets the New Year/ Girl Meets Ski Lodge Part 2 Theory

Long title. I know XD 

Okay, SO I know that "Girl Meets Ski Lodge Part Two" aired a long time ago and I think it's safe to say that all of us Rucas shippers were quite satisfied with this episode. I know for sure I was extremely satisfied with this episode.

However, some people had some issues with this because of the whole "Maya Identity Crisis" that just sprung up out of nowhere. And I have to admit, it kind of did come up out of nowhere and I can understand why some Lucaya shippers were pretty ticked off. But I think I know EXACTLY what happened.

Okay, so the writers had a plan for "Girl Meets the New Year" where Josh, Riley's Uncle and Maya's Boing (as Smackle would say), would jump in and end the Maya-Riley-Lucas love triangle. His presence would make Maya remember how she truly feels. However, that didn't happen because the actor who plays Josh, Uriah Shelton, was in a tragic motorcycle accident (Thank goodness he's okay, though.) 

During the time they were filming with "Girl Meets the New Year", Uriah was still recovering. So, the writers had to alter the script. Josh was supposed to play a big role in the second season, but since he needed a long time in order to recover, the writers had to take his part entirely out of season 2. 

So Uriah was finally able to return to the set and film "Girl Meets Ski Lodge." They were finally able to put an end to the long love triangle. The way that the episode was set up kind of didn't really make sense at first, but after a lot of thinking I was finally able to connect the pieces and make sense of the episode. 

First off, let's talk about the whole "Maya Identity Crisis." The whole thing was about Maya "being Riley" and if you think back to season 2 ("Girl Meets Yearbook" to be more precise) Maya actually pretended to be Riley while Riley and Farkle were going through an identity crisis. This was the time when Maya supposedly discovered that Riley thought of Lucas as a brother (which we all know is SO not true); however, it was not apart of Maya's plan to find out what Riley's secret was. Maya's plan was to see if Lucas loved the idea of Riley or if he truly loved Riley. I don't really know if Lucas really passed the test, considering that little moment between him and Maya, even though he immediately ended that moment yelling "No!" (Maybe he did pass the test but he missed Riley and being able to talk to Riley so his mind tricked him for a moment. I don't know.)

So when Josh brought up how Maya was protecting Riley and testing to see if Lucas was good enough for Riley, it was actually referencing "Girl Meets Yearbook."

Secondly, Lucas got jealous over Evan and Riley just like he did in "Girl Meets Yearbook" with Riley and Charlie. Lucas has a tendency to get jealous when other guys are around Riley (unless it's Farkle or Zay). I guess Evan was "the Charlie" of "Girl Meets Ski Lodge Part 2."

Lastly, the similarities between The Couples Game and the Who Belongs With Who?  game. In both games, Lucas got extra jealous and angry. Also, in "Girl Meets the New Year" Maya got the question "Is it possible to love two people at the same time?" and you could kind of see that she was thinking about Josh. Then in "Girl Meets Ski Lodge Part Two" the question "How do you know if you truly love someone?" and at that instant, Maya took Josh's hand and ran off to go talk to him in privacy. Part of me wonders if in "Girl Meets the New Year" after she gets the "Is it possible to love two people at the same time?" question if she was going to talk to Josh if he was in that episode.

Does this theory make sense? Or am I just crazy? I don't know. Lol 😂 Feel free to tell me what you guys think.