The Visit

I was sitting on a rock staring across the black lake. I would often come up here for alone time. It was peaceful and beautiful above the water.

As I was looking across the lake, I saw a shadow next to me. I quickly jumped into the water. I peeked my head above the water. There was a man with a long silver beard. He was holding something in his hand. He looked and said, "I believe this belongs to you."

I looked and hesitantly reached up to grab it. It said:

Nix Coralia
Bottom of the Black Lake

I ripped open the envelope and read the paper inside. It was a letter telling me I was accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It also told me when school starts and what all I would need. It really didn't help me. I didn't know what most of the items were or what day it was.

It was like the man could read my mind. He said, "my name is Albus Dumbledore. I am headmaster at Hogwarts school."

When I just stared at him, he continued, "If you wish to join us at Hogwarts, I will personally help you find all your items and help you adjust to human life."

"I need to make sure it is okay with my mum," I said before I dived underwater.

This was exciting. I would get to see the world from which my Dad came from. Unless mum said no.

When I got to the bottom of the lake, I found my mum. "Hello sweetie," she said before giving me a hug.

"Hello mum," I said.

"How was your time above?" She asked.

"Good. Umm, something strange happened though," I said.

"What happened??" She asked with worry on her face.

"I received a letter from the Headmaster of Hogwarts. I've been accepted like Dad was," I said with a smile on my face.

She had worry on her face, but she said, "that's great sweetie. Do you want to go?"

"Oh yes! I want to see Dad's world. It would mean so much to me!" I said.

"Alright. You may go, but you must promise me something. If you ever feel unsafe or like something bad is going to happen to you, you will come home right away," she said.

"Of course, mum. I promise," I said.

"Okay. I love you sweetie."
"I love you too, mum."