September 6th 2016

Start from the beginning

"Anderson? Not Gough?"

"Remeber I mentioned that Jasmine had, like, eight brothers? Well, let's just say her dad is a walking sperm bank and not all the women want to be associated with him. Most of the kids take their mother's surname because technically, Jasmine's father has a wife of thirty-eight years and she is not the mother of any of his children."

"What?"

"You heard."

"Well, hell. How old is Bryant?"

"Nineteen. He's at Columbia university and needs a new dorm room. Naturally, when your father is one of the richest men in the country, a dorm room is a brownstone in one of the most expensive cities in America."

"Rich Kids problems."

"The only problem is the Rich Kid. Bryant is a twat. With raging hormones."

"He likes you, doesn't he?"

"He annoys me."

"But he likes you."

"He really annoys me."

"Haha. Um..."

"What?"

"Did you really turn down a job in New York so you can come back to London?"

"Mhm. I did."

"Ok."

"Well, I didn't turn it down just so I could come back to London..."

"But you just said-"

"I turned it down because I want to come home, marry the man I love, and then have lots of sex and babies."

"You did not tell your boss that?"

"God, no. I told him that I have a life and family back in London that I need to get back to, and as much as the job sounded amazing, it was in the wrong city."

"Will you go back to British Vogue next?"

"That was the plan, but... I don't know. I don't know if I want to go back there."

"But, that was the plan."

"It was. But being married and having a family and trying to balance that with the travelling and the long hours, it won't work. Something will have to give. And if that's my job, then so be it."

"You'd seriously give up your job to be a stay at home mum?"

"Possibly."

"Holy shit."

"What?"

"Never thought I'd see you do that, that's all. I genuinely thought that you'd always work at Vogue."

"And have someone else raise my kids? Not a fucking chance, mate."

"You know, seven months ago, you wouldn't even talk about having children, and now it's like you're so sure that we'll have them."

"Please, don't go there! Emma's been reminding me of it for weeks. Everyone I know would always tell me that I'd change my mind about marriage and babies once I met the right person, and I always thought they were taking the piss, but... I so don't want to tell them that they were right all along, even if they were right all along!"

"So, I'm the right person?"

"No, not really, but I guess you'll just have to do."

"Charming."

"Haha, you know I love you."

"I know."

"..."

"I'm glad you're coming home soon, Soph."

"Me too."

"If only so I can give you that hug you need."

"How is it that you always know how to make me smile?"

"Because I'm charming?"

"You're something."

"A good something or a bad something?"

"A very good something."

"Glad to hear it."

"Ah, fuck."

"What?"

"Nigel's making a beeline for my office. I have to go, Daniel."

"Yeah, of course. I'll speak to you tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you, too. Bye."

"Bye."