7

A ringing noise echoed in my brain, the shot reverberating throughout my entire body. My limbs felt heavy and restricted, I realized with a sluggish mind that I was strapped down to the bed. Black eyes drifted past me, lingering on my face. Kashmirs skeletal face refused to leave my memory. And all the while dreams of fire came to me in a crashing flood... 

Endless burning, the screams oh god the screams make it stop please make it stop, my skin is cooking there's no way out. It was wrong, mother please they tricked me! I'M SORRY, I'M SO SORRY.

The scream shook me awake. My eyes took in the bleak white room, the same clear pure ivory that inhabited every cell in this prison. However the room was not the square shape I had become accustomed to, instead it resembled a long corridor, easily several times the size of my own dwelling. Yet there was nothing in it except form my incapacitated self. There was no Swab.  Nothing but a figure with his back turned. He wore a black suit not unlike the Resolvers attire, yet there was something different about him. Something, powerful

"You're awake now" It was little more than a whisper, yet his voice ricocheted across the empty room. It was as though he was breathing in my ear.

Orange and crimson everywhere I turn, their blackened charcoal faces chasing me. Dear God I never meant for this. PLEASE! Let it end, there's no escape I'm trapped. Trapped forever with their dying screams. THEY LIED TO ME! PLEASE, I'M BURNING!

"They're wearing off, your insanity will catch up with you." His voice was so still, so quiet 

" All your crimes will come back to you, everything will filter through your minuscule brain and your remorse will consume everything. The Facility has failed."

His back was still turned. I struggled upwards and found that the bonds pinning me down where loosening... PAIN AND FLAMES, HELL ON EARTH... I shook my head free of the endless visions of fire and torture. My voice pierced the room, splitting the silence.

"I am your prisoner, how have you failed?" I screeched, the words were wrenched from my throat as I struggled to free myself.

"We tried to help you, save you from yourself" He whispered "From your madness" 

And then it unlocked...

And then the bonds where free, I flew out of my bed and ran full pelt at the black figure. Flickers of memories and faces flashed before me, but it was him now. It was him I needed to get to.

The ceroscene, quickly! No castualties, just burn it down to the ground. Remember what they told you, light the flames and run. No looking back. It's empty. Teach them all. RUN!

But I hear something, through the door. Turn...

He started to turn and I stopped dead. 

His face was a chiselled charcoal mask, embers of skin fell as he turned. His eyes were balls of flame, burying deeper into his scull. The mouth turned up at each edge to reveal several yellow charred teeth. 

He was grinning at me.