28. A Crush On My Husband

ANASTASIA'S POV :

On our way back to my home, a car overtook us and stopped right infront of us on the empty lonely road. When I gave a closer look at the number plate,I knew who it was. The very second I saw him,I realised how much I missed him. When his eyes met mine,he was as happy as I was. His gaze then shifted to Aura. The streetlights made Drake's raven black eyes glitter. His eyes seemed liked they were conveying something to Aura. Since I was sitting behind her,I could only look at Drake. I got down from the vespa to see Aura nodding her head. I thought there was gonna be another argument between these two...looks like both are too tired to argue. I hugged her and ran towards him...

------------
"So how was your day?" He asked me when I was finally beside him in the car.

"Great!! Issa was so sweet!! My best friend is now my boss!!" I said proudly and began to giggle.

"Issa?? As in Mr. Issa Joseph??" Drake rubbed his forehead in confusion.

"Umm...well,actually his son, Issa Anushk."

"What?"

"Hey we were childhood friends...and due to some reason related to their business, his dad and he had to fly to other countries,.. So I umm...kinda lost his contact and here we..umm..are." I popped my head to see if he was convinced. Well actually its not like I'm lying...I just hid the part that his dad never wanted me to be by his son's side and that he never liked me ever.

"Oh then how didn't you recognize Mr. Joseph at the party?"

Caught.

"Well..umm...actually I'd forgotten how he looked. I wasn't able t-to recognize him.."

"Oh fine.Now that Aura isn't working along with you, you might now not feel lonely in the new place."

I laughed at it.
"You're wrong. Aura is also gonna work along with me."

"Doesn't she ever leave you alone?" He muttered in frustration which made me laugh even harder.

"Actually Issa offered her the job. So practically don't blame Aura....its fate." I pointed my index finger to the top trying to exaggerate. Looking at me,his lips were pulled up to laugh.

I noticed Drake going straight instead of taking the usual left to our house.

"Drake, you missed the turn."

"I know"

"What? Where are we going?"

He didn't reply. When I looked up at him for him to answer.

"You will see.." Is what he replied.

Another 45 minutes of smooth drive,we reached a bridge. Drake stopped the car and nodded at me to get down.

The bridge on which we were standing was a small, old and an unused one. It looked like it was untouched for decades together.

"What's over here?" I turn around everywhere but to my dismay there was nothing except a stream flowing below the bridge.

"Follow me." Drake headed down the bridge into a faintly visible tunnel . I followed him. I was careful while stepping on the algae patched stones while Drake just jogged on them like he had all the friction which would not let him slip.

"Its a place which I umm...visit often.."
No wonder.

The secret pathway was slowly showing what it had at the other end. When we were outta the tunnel,I couldn't believe my eyes. The wet pebbles along the the stream glittered like pearls while the moon and the stars were right above us,shining like diamonds. The stream was nothing less than beautiful. It had clear,fresh water flowing in it which looked divine. The entire sight was splendid.