Chapter 12 - Cry Just A Little

Tobi sits beside Aethernia, embracing her gently and feeling her calm breath on his skin. It's a typical evening in her house – they are just sitting together, drinking brew (this time it's mint) and enjoying their closeness. Even thou Tobi didn't want the relationship to thrive at the beginning, now he feels comfortable and peaceful in here. But he knows he can't stay here forever.
„I should already be in Germany, touring with Avantasia. How do they cope without me? Fuck, it should have never happened...”
- You look a bit tense – Aethernia sums it up – But that's okay, because I am too. I have to talk with you.
Tobi still cannot believe how weird this girl is. Sincere and unsophisticated but mysterious and complicated at the same time.
- Let's talk then.
- Do you wanna have children?
Tobi freezes. „Oh God, it's becoming too serious”, he thinks, full of apprehension.
- Well... I usually don't even have time to think about this problem. So I cannot give you a simple answer, Aethie.
She looks a bit more relaxed, looking obstinately at something right in front of her.
- That's good because I don't want to. This is one of my biggest phobias. They just run around and destroy everything, screaming and salivating, shitting in their pants. And they would cut my freedom into pieces. I want you to know that I don't wanna have children to the end of my life.
Tobi bites his lower lip. „Here we are again, we still return to the same topic”, he thinks „Her plans and intentions. And it's the same feeling of insecurity in my heart every time she acts like that.”
He draws back a little.- Aethie, my angel. I respect your point of view and I respect you in general. But I have to ask one question. Do you presuppose that I will stay here forever?
She looks at him confused as she never was.
- Of course. And did you think about it in another way?
Tobi dries up. These words said so confidently and without any hesitation made him speechless for a while.
- But... Aethie! What about Edguy, Avantasia, the music you love? It means there will be no more my music. Do you really want it this way?
- Believe me, I cried while I was making a decision. But I made it and there's no way out.
- To make a decision you need my opinion too. - says Tobi sharply, but Aethernia seems not to fear at all. She is afraid of usual things, but when there's a real danger she seems to be the calmest person on Earth. Tobi already noticed that.
- So okay. Run away. My ghostlights are waiting for this to happen. And it's not dependent on me.
Tobi clenches his teeth.
„Okay. Calm down. She's dangerous. And so are they. Calm down. You won't escape by force but by artifice.”
- I was thinking about them – he says finally – And I think we should examine them to know how they work. Maybe the real knowledge would help us stop them.
She looks at him with a dose of fascination.
- And you think it will work?
- We cannot know it till we try. Are you brave enough to try?
Aethernia laughs. Tobi likes her laughter, even thou it's always a bit hysterical.
- They are mine. How can I chicken out if I was the one who created them? And you? Are you brave enough?
Tobi fondles her cheek and smiles at her.
- Do you doubt?
- I never did – Aethernia kisses Tobi's neck and a strong shiver makes him sigh.
He wants to escape so badly, but he has to admit one thing – Aethie became „very special” to him too.
And, additionally, she is excelent in bed.