53

A light morning rain danced along the tops of the buildings, pooling into drains and sliding into the streets. Although rain sprinkled from the sky, the day was beginning as anything but dreary.

A shout rose me from my slumber, and I immediately threw my arm on the other side of the bed to see if Mark was there. He wasn't. I got up and felt a chilly draft dance around my legs. With a swift motion, I pulled on a pair of sweatpants before heading out the door.

As I was stepping into the kitchen, Signe was stepping out and thus ensued an accidental collision. Something made of glass fell to the floor and shattered while Signe and i both gasped in surprise.

"Oh I am so sorr-" I paused at the sight of the broken glass only to find out it was only a mug.

"Sorry!" I continued, as i bent down to pick up the broken pieces.

"No it's ok. I can clean it up, Ven really." She lowered next to me and together we picked up the larger pieces of broken ceramic.

"What happened?" A thick irish accent came from behind me followed by a sigh and the feeling of a hand placed on my back.

"You're shaking." Mark stated, and he was right.

My mind was swarmed, but my body shook, what was going on?

"I can help, I'm sorry about the mug Signe." I repeated.

"It's really no problem we have dozens." She reassured.

"Babe do you need to sit down?" Marks voice swam through the back of my head along with Jack's hum of agreement.

"No, no I'm ok." But the shakiness of my hands caused my fingers to slip and before i knew it, I was bleeding.

"Sit down." Mark ordered gently, seating me in a dining room chair.

He kneeled in front of me and held my bleeding hand in his.

"Breathe. You're ok."

Jack walked up behind Mark and leaned forward gently to press a bandaid into the table next to me.

"Focus on me. In through your nose, out through your mouth. You are safe."

I nodded and shut my eyes, breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth. I was in Ireland, I was O.K. Mark was right, I was safe. When I opened my eyes again Mark was kneeled in front of me with my bloodied finger in his care. Sean stood over him with a look of concern.

"Everyone's good?" Signe breathed as she joined the other two after placing the broken pieces into the trash.

"Yeah, I'm so sorry for freaking out, it's just that-"

"No need to explain or to apologize as a matter of fact. It's ok. We're just glad everyone's ok." Sean said proudly.

"He's right." Mark agreed, standing up and offering me his hand.

"Now go get your beautiful self ready, today is going to be great."

Signe nodded in agreement and started to fill a new mug with coffee for Sean.

Again, Mark was right. Ireland was gorgeous in all of its rainy glory. Signe and I shared an umbrella as we ventured out of the apartment and out into the shops. Walls of stores and living spaces were covered in thick green vines. The sound of water draining into the street calmed my nerves.

"You alive in there?" Signe asked, her face mere inches from mine due to the umbrella we were sharing.

"I'm just taking it all in. This place really is beautiful."

The sky was gray and the rain came down lightly causing small ripples in the already made puddles. The boys were ahead of us, talking and laughing with their hoodies over their heads. There was a game store approaching, and like the little kids they were, Sean and Mark started speed walking to get inside. We giggled at their childish manner and stepped inside a book store that was right next door. Immediately the smell of old paper and apple cider greeted my nose. This place was inviting, and I couldn't help but see myself spending a few hours in here on my own. Signe closed the umbrella before we stepped in and set it next to the front door.

"This place is breath-taking." I gaped, peering wide-eyed around the bookstore.

"Isn't it? Sometimes I come here to get away from it all." Signe sighed.

I could picture myself over in the tattered sofa in the corner with my nose in a book for hours on end.

"Sounds like heaven." I breathed.

"There's coffee back here, let's grab a cup and meet back up with the boys." Signe suggested

I nodded as I ran my fingers along the spines of countless books. The place was old, but it held so much character. I was deep within my own thoughts once again when Signe approached with two coffee's.

"Here Ven." She handed one of them to me and motioned for me to take a sip.

The coffee was warm as it pooled in my system. It was a stark contrast to the dreary weather outside.

"Alright let's go see what the boys are up to."

We spent the rest of the day weaving in and out of stores. We stopped to have lunch, and then decided we would go back to the McLoughlin household to have dinner. Our stay in Ireland was going quickly and I wanted to revel in the joyous feeling for as long as I could.

Us four were a party all on our own in that apartment. We had finally gotten all camera's situations and our giggled calmed when Sean started recording.

Signe nudged me and smiled while Jack did his crazy intro and I did the same to Mark, who was sitting on the other side of me. This wasn't a video that was usually up on either of the boys' channels but since we were together we thought we'd have a little competition. Who was the better couple? And in the end, we both have different aspects of our relationship that makes it great, but for now? We were going to win.

---
um, 0% edited. yikes.

hey! if it couldn't be anymore obvious, this is filler!! sorry? kicking myself in the booty to finish this up for you guys, i'm no quitter ;)

QOTD: fave weather?

aotd: i like warm thunderstorms. a lot.

guess who's baaaaccckkk ;)

-N