junkrat x Dying!reader

"And so we will push the payload over the bridge so it can break through the castle doors and we can collect the armor." Soldier 76 confirmed standing infront of the hologram of the giant castle, while we all watched the tiny hologram payload push the tiny castle doors down.

"Eichenwalde, the german castle and with it, my first ever mission" i whispered softly to myself, training was over for me and i was about to be given my first team.

"The team will consist of-" 76 began.

I listened closely i want to get this right.

"Y/n, Tracer, Winston, Hanzo, Myself and junkrat."

We all stood up at the sound of our names, tracer bounced up to her feet, winston leaned forward, hanzo was still sat,  76 was stood watching his team rise and junkrat...well....was missing...

"Has anybody seen that smelly trash child?" 76 crossed his arms in discust his head turning right to left as if scanning the room.

"Making bombs sir!" I piped up.

"Very well, then go tell him"

"What...now?"

"Yes now." 76's visor glared at me causing me to shiver.

"Y-yes!" I quickly left the room, my face was flushing a little bit, me tell junkrat? Why me? It was always tracer or 76 himself.

I walked out to the courtyard of our small base. Junkrat was sat at a desk with his bodyguard Roadhog, his face in his riptire re-wiring with a big grin on his face.

"Wait till they getta load of this roadhod" he laughed "it's gonna blow the enemy away!" He laughed setting the tire on the ground.

"You say that every time." Roadhog grunted in disbelief.

Junkrat huffed "way ta kill the vibes you oaf" he dipped his head.

"J-jamison!" I called to him, his head perked up again "ah well if it aint the little y/n 'erself! Ere to pay me a visit sheila?"

I chuckled and scratched my cheek out of nervousness "a-actually i wanted to tell you that we are on the same t-team"

"Ooo really? The old man let'cha have a whack at what the big boys and girls do? Well...i'll be impressed" he turned around and sat on the table.

Roadhog grunted and sat down too.

"Y-yeah" i chuckled nervously again.

I saw the smile on junkrat fade a little, his eyes widening and faint pink dusting the soot covered cheeks "well, i gotta go and g-get ready, layter gaytor!" He slid off the table and fled quickly.

Roadhog stood up and looked at me "bye." He replied picking up the riptire and following junkrat.

I flushed back, junkrat has never...'ran away' before. I bit my lip and looked at the little bomb on the desk. "Well...ok..." i shrugged and walked the other way.

---

Gunshots were sounding from miles around, eichenwalde had become yet another battle field it seemed.

We had pushed the payload onto the drawbridge but i had gone ahead with my weapons to set up an ambush, only to bump into junkrat who was setting up a bear trap in one of the doorways.

"I'll just...leave this ere!" He laughed setting it down and turning to see me.

"Gaah! Y/n! Y-you scared me for a second!" Junkrat held his hand over his heart, panting.

I jumped too "y-your reaction scared me!!"

Junkrat looked me up and down, i didnt have many wounds on my body.

"C'mon, we have to move back, Hanzo and 76 have the payload covered, tracer is picking the ones that come near here"

"Not yet sheila, you go ahead, i wanna use my riptire, gonna see it go kaboom!" Junkrat smiled.

I nodded "ok, but h-hurry back." I looked away a little before pecking his cheek and running off.

I had grown to love the little junker during my training time, and i could tell he was flustered when i was around him, the way he would stutter, his aussie accent as thick as double cream, he was just my little bombshell, the kiss on his cheek was just to restore some health, he looked tired and worn down, but it felt nice...it felt right.

I got to the throne where armor filled the empty seat, looking around i could hear something click and clack, like heels almost.

I couldnt see anything, the place was so dark compared to the sun of the outside world.

"Caught in the spider's web."

-BANG!!-

----

"Sheila? Where are ya?" Junkrat stumbled in, bloody and weak. "Y/n?" He called out looking around.

The sound of his voice...it sounded like he was so far away, my side felt wet, the pain has stopped, but the room feels so cold.

"SHEILAA! Y/N!" Junkrat shouted, a lot more desperate.

I had to do something...get his attention.

"H-he...r..." i coughed which seemed louder than my attempt to talk.

His head spun around, looking dead at me, his eyes wide and his sweet face so pale.

"S-sheila..." he staggered forward and practically fell down getting to me.

I smiled faintly, the muscles in my face twitching.

"Who did this!!" He cried in fury.

"I-i dont...kn..." i coughed, his hand pressing to my side to stop the bleeding. "I-it...happ...ened....so fas...t..." i choked tears my hands shaking. "I-i'm g-going to die..." i felt tears streaming down my face "o-oh god..." i shook.

"N-no sheila...no! Dont say t-that!" His smile was completely gone, he pulled me up into his chest cradling me close "sheila please!"

I could feel his cold metal hand hold my head, blood ran from my mouth from the strain of getting pulled up.

"WE NEED A MEDIC!!" junkrat cried into his coms. "Y/N IS DOWN!" I could see tears falling down his cheeks off his chin.

"J-jam....ison..." i raised my hand crying softly, taking his hand. "P-pl...e...ase...stop..."

"No...i-i cant let you go y/n! I love you too much to do it!" His nose was red, eyes were too, it was getting hard to see when my eyes kept blurring away.

"I-i l.....y....to....o...-" i was cut off by his cries for a medic again.

"Soldier is on his way with a healing pack, try to hold on." Tracer spoke quickly through the coms.

Junkrat sighed in relief...but i couldnt stay awake much longer, i closed my eyes. "J-j...-"

"Y/n!" He set me down on the ground his voice sounding drowned to my ears slowly faded out.

The last thing i felt was something pressing to my lips...