Return to Academy City

Start from the beginning

"That Tsuchimikado, he better have one hell of an explanation or I'll crack his head open."Kuroko said furiously

At first Ben thought they would have to walk all the way back to the dorm (JetRay couldn't carry so many people at once). But that was soon proven wrong once he made it to Academy City's main airport parking lot. In front of the entrance was parked an amazing looking sleek sports car that was black with curvy green racing stripes. The center of the tire spokes were each decorated with the familiar Omnitrix hourglass symbol. On the hood of the car, was a note with familiar handwriting that said:

Hey Tennyson, heard from Gwen that you got into a little fender bender the other day.

Thought this would be the perfect time to show you what I've been working on ever since we got that prime engine block from Khoros*.

Hope you like your new ride, Kevin.

P.S. Don't be a doofus Tennyson, you know exactly where to find the keys.

Sure enough, Ben found a set of car keys under a fake rock right next to the tire. Ben looked at the car with a sense of awe. The fact that this note and car were here must have meant Kevin heard about the whole Albedo incident. Ben looked around the crowded parking lot but could not see the familiar face of Kevin* anywhere.

"You've got some pretty good friends." Mikoto said looking at the note in Ben's hand.

"Yeah," Ben said with a grin. "To quote a friend of mine, I guess you can say that I'm not alone."

Mikoto blinked for a minute before realizing that Ben was talking about her. She grinned right back. "Well, are we just going to stand around looking at it, or are we going to give her a go?"

A little later, Ben was driving down the streets of Academy City with Mikoto, Agnese, and Kuroko (who was giving them all the silent treatment for now). Agnese had begged Ben to let her sit shot gun.

"Why do you want to sit shot gun so bad?" Ben had asked.

"W-well, you see......." Agnese blushed and started twiddling her fingers.

Ben, still quite oblivious when it came to the advances of females, just shrugged and let Agnese sit shot gun, while Mikoto rolled her eyes muttering something about boys. Now they finally parked in front of the apartment area that was filled with dorms for high schoolers. When they finally climbed up the stairs to Ben's door, they opened it to find a huge surprise. The entire room pristine and clean, the damaged furniture had been replaced, and the carpet had been steam cleaned. It was as if WaterHazard had never fought Innocentius.

"That's impossible!" Kuroko exclaimed. I was here this morning, no way they had this much time.

"It's like Tsuchimikado hired a crime scene cleanup crew." Ben said walking in and setting his suitcase down.

"That would indeed be an accurate assessment." Agnese said. "Part of the role of Necessarius is to ensure the that magic and science remain as separate from each other as the alliance would allow, so therefore, it is only natural for us to cleanup well after our battles." After a few minutes of unpacking, and Ben had cooked up some frozen meals for the four of them, they all gathered around in the living room. Kuroko sat on the couch with her arms folded in a demanding manner.

"Okay, I think it's time you explained yourself."

Ben and Mikoto told Kuroko everything that had happened in the past 2 and a half weeks. With a little help from Agnese, they were able to tell Kuroko all about Necessarius, and Ben's evil look-alike Albedo, as well as Radiowave and The Fist of Cthulhu. In return, Kuroko told Ben and Kuroko all about her investigation into Radiowave and how she was ambushed by EightEight.