Return to Academy City

Start from the beginning

"A pretty pathetic attempt." Stiyl said as juggled a pack of cigars out of Agnese's reach. "A little too pathetic, they had to know we would expect interference, why not just send one of those mercenaries on their jet packs to blow us out of the sky?"

"Yeah, I was sort of wondering that." Ben said scratching his chin. "And I think I know why. You guys said Phyrexis the Blood Drinker was one of the Fist of Cthulhu's major leaders right? Maybe because we took him out, the cult had a falling out with Albedo, so they tried to take revenge. I mean think about it, Albedo needs Mikoto alive. So why would he send grunts to go blow up the plane she's on?"

"Actually, that seems like the most likely scenario." Tsuchimikado said with a frown. "But it doesn't change the fact that both of them are still out to get us. Ben when we get onto the next flight, go ChamAlien and check out everything on the plane invisible, I don't think they would waste money blowing up both our flights but it never hurts to check. Stiyl set up runes around the inside of the plane in case we need to summon Innocentius."

However, it turned out the flight back to Academy City was quite uneventful unless you count the part where Stiyl was scolded by a flight attendant for sticking paper all over the interior of the plane and where an invisible ChamAlien accidentally knocked over a very confused attendants food cart with his tail. Finally they were walking out of the subway train that had taken them out of the airport and back to Academy City. Ben out down his suit case and stretched.

"Man it's good to be back, never thought I would actually miss going to school for once." Ben said. Ben suddenly noticed Mikoto looking straight ahead with a shocked expression on her face. "Uhhhhh.....Mikoto? Is there something wrong?"

Ben looked to see where Mikoto was looking. In the distance, a familiar red haired girl was running in their direction as if she was being chased by Satan himself.

"Is that.....Kuroko!!?" Mikoto exclaimed.

"SIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!!!!!???" Kuroko did an angry full body tackle into Mikoto, knocking her to the ground.

"K-Kuroko, give me a chance to explai-" Mikoto said as she tried to push Kuroko off of her.

"TWO AND A HALF WEEKS, YOU AND BEN COULD HAVE BEEN KIDNAPPED FOR ALL I KNOW LEAVING THE DORM IN RUINS-!!!!"

Ben looked bewildered. "My dorm is in ruins?!"

"YOU STOP INTERRUPTING, I'LL GET TO YOU LATER ALIEN KID!!!"

"Alien kid?"

Tsuchimikado cleared his throat. "Excuse me breaking up this heartfelt reunion and all, but I would rather these two explain themselves in a more private setting. Plus people are starting to stare."

Sure enough, passerby were all looking at them like this was some sort of strange soap opera.

Kuroko sighed and let Mikoto up. "Fine, but once we get back to the dorm, I'm going to demand a full explanation, especially from you Tsuchimikado!!"

"Sorry," Tsuchimikado said with a grin. "But I'm going back to my dorm to see my sis. Don't worry, I'll answer any question you have tomorrow. Ya coming Stiyl? You know that Touma lives right next door to me and I think it's time to read him into this as planned."

"Yeah, sure." Stiyl said. He and Tsuchimikado started walking away.

"By the way!" The retreating figure of Tsuchimikado called back. "Don't worry about the damage to your dorm Benjy, that was taken care of this morning!" And with that, Stiyl and Tsuchimikado walked off, leaving Mikoto, Ben, Kuroko, and Agnese. Kuroko was still shaking with anger.