01: Go Out With Style

I have recently made an Instagram account where I will post covers, news updates, etc. You should definitely follow it;)

01: Go Out With Style

I pulled my hoodie further around my face as I made my way down the rainy street. The thick, black material couldn't be thick enough for this cold air.

People bustled around me to get into the school, as we had only five minutes to get to class and it was a three minute walk from this street.

The street that I lived on.

As all of us made our way, I easily maneuvered in and out of the lines and pairs of people. It was the same order every day. The crowd was chaotic, but everyone knew where they walked. Organized chaos, I supposed it was referred to as.

When we made our way through the doors of the public school, the halls were unusually noisy. I cringed away from a large group of boys and sidestepped a girl and her sidekick. Each clique had their own place to stand.

Considering it was a Friday, no one was in quite as much of a hurry as they typically were to get to class. No one cared that we had only a minute or two to get to first period.

I didn't have anyone I was particularly excited to converse with, so I went ahead and found the College Algebra classroom. Mrs. Bradshaw gazed at the classroom cheerfully and grinned when the last few people made their way through the door as I took my seat next to Jacob.

"I'm so glad it's Friday," she remarked. "I didn't think I could handle you idiots for another day without a break." The class rumbled with brief laughter and she beamed.

Everyone loved Mrs. Bradshaw, despite the scorned subject she taught. She was always lighthearted, but real to a fault. If you said something stupid, she would always call you on it and tell you what an idiot you are.

"You're lucky you're getting College Algebra over in high school, because your professor would cry at these grades," she would occasionally say as she handed out tests no one did particularly good on.

We went through math easily, everyone calm and too tired to do anything but watch her chirp equations and expressions at random. If she caught someone not paying attention, she would make them go up to the board and work a problem out.

College Algebra would have been ten times harder had she not been such a pleasant person, to be totally honest.

After math, I had a study hall period that I usually used to do my math homework. I quickly finished it and stared at my hoodie sleeves in boredom. The homework was a breeze because she didn't want to grade much on Mondays.

Looking around, I saw that everyone with study hall was on their phones or giggling with their friends and sighed. I didn't really want to read, but I couldn't afford a phone to play on. I didn't really converse with anyone, so I just kept to myself.

"Are you okay?" a girl next to me asked. I looked over to see Claire Haddley, one of the nicer, more liked girls of the school. "Sorry to butt in. You looked kind of depressed. I wanted to borrow a pencil for the math homework."

I didn't know she was in my math class.

I smiled and gave her one of my pencils and she quipped a short "thank you" before burying her nose in her textbook.

After second period, I suffered through Oral Com. and French. At lunch, I sat at a lunch table in the corner, secluded from all of the talking and laughing.

As a freshman, I'd hated lunch because everyone was so rude to one another. There was so much gossip and whispering about the girl on the other side of another girl, I just went to the library the whole year at lunchtime.