Chapter 21: Rouges Join Our Picnic

Chap 21-

Kristen's POV:

//Same Day at 11:00 AM//

I felt lips touch my cheek and then the sound of a door close. My angel whined so im guessing Zayden woke up and left my room. I jumped up throwing the sheets in the air putting the clothes I picked out for today. My dress was a beautiful casual short sleeved petty flowered bohemian maxi dress; it was a pinkish peach color with different colored flowers on the bottom. I paired it up with blue flats that matched some of the flowers and went well with the peach color. I brushed my hair and put it into a neat side braid and darted to my bathroom to brush my teeth.

I hope Zayden was taking a shower for me to get time to prepare our picnic. I opened my room and went to Zaydens door hearing the sound of the water flowing from the shower. Perfect I have enough time. Before I went down the stairs I put a sticky note on my door indicating him to go outside. I tip toed down the stairs because I knew with his strong hearing he would hear me. When I touched the bottom step I ran outside to be confronted by Isaac, Dylan holding a picnic blanket, and Gabby holding a tray supported by two glasses of iced mocha, a plate of pancakes, silverware, and a container filled with strawberry syrup. "Thanks Gabby, Isaac, and Dylan I owe you guys" I hugged them taking in the blanket and tray on my arms that stunningly I held well. "You don't owe us anything Kristen. What do you want us to tell Zayden when he comes outside?" Isaac asked. "Tell him to follow my scent and no I know what you’re thinking i'm not going to write a envelope with a letter inside with cursive handwriting, writing some deep large words where to find me" I rolled my eyes. Typical Isaac. Wow im impressed I know him so well now. He snorted "What? C'mon what’s the fun of it anymore?” I sighed and walked off towards the woods. Isaac yelled "It will seem romantic! I would help but I can’t even write the letter A in cursive!" I still walked ignoring him but then heard a slap sound and Isaac yell "OWW! Alright ill shut the hell up! Don't need to be abusive Dylan" followed by a laughing Gabby. Thank you Dylan.

I went straight to the meadow where Zayden showed me on my first day. I set down the blanket flat on the middle of the meadow and placed the tray on top. I sat waiting for Zayden to appear. A smile crept on my face as I took sight of him walking towards me with a smile but surprised expression. I stood up grabbing his big hand and lead him to the blanket sitting him down. I sat down next to him cutting the pancakes into pieces. "What's all this?" Zayden asked but then stared drooling over the strawberry syrup I was pouring on the pancakes. I laughed and teasingly picked up a napkin pretending to wipe his drool "Someone is hungry" I teased.

He chuckled "You got no idea....not that i’m not enjoying this but what's this for?"

"Afraid of going on a second date with me Zady?" I asked setting down the napkin and grabbing a fork stabbing it to a piece of pancake.

"A date? Mmm never thought of anything better Kate"

I gasped "You found a nickname for me! Thank you Zady" I poked his nose. A nickname is not gonna work on me.

"You’re never going to stop calling me Zady".

"Nope now eat up".

He tried to grab the fork from my hand but I wacked his hand before he could.

"What was that for!" he rubbed his hand.

"Because I am going to feed you" I replied.

He took the pancake in his mouth and then started to shake his head roughly.  "Really good syrup" he commented.

"Thank Gabby who helped to cook all this" I giggled.

"She's a really good cook....aren't you going to eat?"