By Your Side - #88

A/N: O. M. G.
1k views?!?? That's crazy!! Thank you guys sooo much!! <3 I'm glad there are actually people enjoying this... thing XD

Last time: Rin and Miku visited Luka at hospital after school.

Miku's PoV

Rin, Luka and I were all having a pleasant conversation when one of the nurses popped her head around the door.

"Sorry to interrupt, but perhaps you might want to think about saying goodbye soon." She told us.

I guessed they had to do something important soon, so I nodded and told her we would.

She smiles and thanks us, carefully closing the door and departing down the corridor.

I turn back to Luka - she's frowning, with a hint of disappointment in her blue eyes.

"Sorry, but we've got to go." Rin sighs, walking over beside the bed. Luka sits up slowly, nodding.

"I understand. Thanks for visiting me; it's been nice." Luka smiles. Rin gives Luka a quick hug, promising that she will bring Iroha along next time, if Luka was well enough.

Rin pulls away, and I take her place, also hugging Luka.

"Thank you as well, Miku." Luka says, weakly putting her arms around me and hugging me back.

That's when I notice something. Luka seems to be rapidly breathing, taking short gasps for air every few seconds.

I pull away from her and look at her with seriousness.

"Luka.. are you sure you're alright?" I ask her. "We can call one of the nurses up here if you want.."

Luka shakes her head in denial.

"Thanks, but I'm okay. Just in a bit of pain - I have been all day. But don't worry, I'll be fine." Luka assures me.

"You better get well soon." I say strictly, hugging her again. "Because I miss you, and I don't want you to be in pain anymore."

Luka doesn't respond, she just quietly hugs me back.

Eventually I have to pull away, and I walk back over to Rin. She hands me my school bag and then starts walking over to the door.

"Get well soon, Luka." Rin says, beckoning me to the doorway. I sigh and obediently follow her out of the room.

Luka's PoV

The minute Rin and Miku both leave, I begin to feel bored and alone again.

That's when I remember the bag Rin had dropped of earlier. I lean over the side of the bed and manage to heave up the plastic bag, stuffed with multiple things.

I smile in gratefulness, and pull out a book. I decide to begin to read it, to pass away the time.

I'm a few chapters in, when I hear another knock on the door.

"Yes?" I call out, folding over a the corner of a page of the book and carefully placing it back in the bag. I grab the handle and place the bag back on the floor, next to the bed.

"Luka?" I hear a familiar voice murmur. I raise my head and stare at the door as it slowly opens.

My melancholic mood suddenly disappears as Gakupo sets foot in the room.

"Gakupo!"

Gakupo rushes over to my side the moment he sees me.

"Oh my god, what the heck happened?!" He asks in an upset tone. "Miku told me you were in hospital, though she didn't state why you were."

I clench my fists under the bedsheets.

"Long story short, someone pushed me into a pile of shattered glass and the glass cut through my stomach. Oh, and internal bleeding.." I muttered the last few words and averted my gaze.

Gakupo cups his hands on my chin, making me look back up at him.

"Megurine Luka, I am so, so sorry this has happened to you. If I had known what was going on, I would have been by your side in seconds."

"You're by my side now." I smile. Gakupo strokes my hair, making me feel at ease.

"I am, and I always will be, from this point forward." Gakupo tells me. I grin.

"I will be, too." I tell him.

Gakupo looks around the room. His gaze becomes fixated on the machine besides me, bleeping away.

"You said you had... internal bleeding?" Gakupo asks. I nod.

"Yes, unfortunetly so. I'm guessing the glass caused it, and, well..." My voice trails off, and I am left in deep thought. I stay silent for a few moments, deciding to go against the idea of what happened before when I was younger - I'm a mess at the moment, the last thing I want to do is break down even more. "...yeah, that was probably the cause."

Gakupo listens to my explanation without saying a word, just occasionally nodding, his eyebrows fixated and him mouth curved downwards into a frown.

I don't want to see him this way, but at the moment I'm useless.

"I see..." He says eventually.

"They said I have to stay in hospital for a couple of weeks." I huff, laying back down and staring down the ceiling in my anger.

Well, there's nothing more I can do!

"Well, don't take too long to recover, baby. I'd die without you." Gakupo tells me. I look back at him.

"I'll try not to." I say with a small chuckle.

Gakupo stays for a while, his company making me feel like everything really is going to be okay.

"I'm really sorry, but I have to go now." Gakupo sighs. I wince at his words, not wanting him to leave. He stands up, but I grab onto his hand in desperation.

"Um... like, you have to go right now?" I ask.

"Yeah, right now. I'll come back and see you as soon as I can." Gakupo tells me. I sigh and let go of his hand.

"Get well soon - I love you." He says, smiling as he says the second half of the sentence.

I stay silent for a moment, replaying those words again and again in my head.

"I love you too." I tell him. He leans down and kisses my forehead, before smiling and turning away, walking over towards the door. I sigh at the sight I don't like so much - his back as he walks away from me.

He goes out of the room, looking back one more time. I slowly raise my hand and wave him goodbye. He smiles and closes the door.

I love you.

Narrator: And-

Rin: I SHIP IT. LUKA X GAKUPO ALL THE WAY.

Narrator: Be quiet for a second.

Rin: Psh. Fine- =_=

Narrator: see you guys in the next part! Baiiii~!