CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

Start from the beginning

Ashton blinked slowly, and his tears stopped flowing. I tilted my head slightly, praying that my words helped him in anyway. Finally, he sighed.

"Thanks." he said, his voice sounding less broken than before. He looked down at his fumbling hands and let out a heavy exhale. We were both silent for a while, then I felt the tears came to the front of my eyes.

No no no don't cry right now.

But, I couldn't help it.

"Its not fair!" i cried out. Ashton seemed startled at my random outburst. 

"Brooke its fine-"

"No its not! Fucking Jessie is such a liar! I bet of I asked her about it she would tell me something completetly different! And its rediculous! Why is it always you-"

By now Ashton's arms were around me. "Hey," He said at almost a whisper. "Then why don't you ask her?"

"What do you mean?" I sniffled, looking up into his eyes. 

"Just confront her about it, if it really bugs you..." his voice trailed off for a second. "...I mean, its not that big of a deal, but I'm not stopping you from what you feel right now."

We were both silent for a while.

"Yeah, maybe your right," I finally replied. "Maybe I should talk to her."

Ashton planted a warm kiss on my cheek, and layed down, my body resting on his chest.

"I think we're both very tired." He chuckled. I snuggled in closer to his body, and fell asleep almost instantly.

 -

The next morning, my eyes shot open to the sound of yelling coming from downstairs. "Shut up!" I heard my mother's voice. "No!" I heard my father's voice back. I tiredly sat up and rubbed my eyes, and I was about to go out there and see whats up, but the yelling seemed to cease. I would still go down there, but I was very tired.

I slumped back down on my pillow, but my eyes shot open once again.

Where the hell is Ashton? I thought, sitting up and looking beside me. The bed was empty, unfortunately. My heart sank a little, and I was somewhat worried. I leaned off my bed, and unplugged my phone from its charger. I had a text from Ashton.

"Hey, i heard your parents come home like, 10 minutes after you fell asleep, so i took that as my qeue to leave. Sorry I didn't say goodbye, i didn't want to wake you. call me when you can xoxox"

I smiled to myself, and dialed his number.

"Good morning!" Ashton said after the first ring.

"How the fuck did you get out of my house?" I asked.

"The window."

I sat up and looked to my window, and sure enough, it was open.

"Oh my God, Ashton!" I laughed. "Did you get hurt?"

"No not at all," He replied proudly. "I'm quite good at sneaking in and out of windows."

I chuckled, and we both said goodbye for now. I got up, and walked down stairs. When I walked into the kitchen, only my mother was there.

"What was with all the yelling?" I asked.

"Oh, it was just a little discussion," My mom assured. "Its no big deal."

I was about to say it sounded like more than a simple discussion, but I didn't want to piss her off anymore. "Alright." I said after a long pause. As I got out the toaster, my phone vibrated. It was a text from Natalie.

"Hey! Mall today?"'

My face lit up as I replied to her.

"Yeah! Sounds fun"

"Okay! I'll pick you up arount 11:30?"

I looked over to the clock, to see it was 10:30.

"Hey mom?" I asked.

"Yes?" 

"Can I go to the mall with a friend today?"

"Who?"

"Her name is Natalie," I replied. "You don't know her."

"Well, I guess thats okay," my mom said. "Do you have money? Here." She reached into her purse that sat on the counter and handed me 100 dollars.

"Damn, really? 100?" I asked, shocked. My mother just shrugged. I decided to just text Natalie back.

"Sounds like a plan! See you then :)"