THIRTY THREE

"Thanks, I was looking for those." He said as if he knew that I needed confirmation on my truth. My father seemed satisfied after and we left after saying goodbye. He turned to me as we walked back towards our house.

"By the way, I found your ticket, and I want you to do that with our broom, it would save your mother a great deal of time." He handed me my ticket, and I shook my head in silent giggles. My dad could be so strict and turn on a dime. Twenty minutes later, Lily and I were all packed and saying goodbye to our parents.

"I'll send a letter when we get there, you do remember how to untie it any everything?" Lily asked then as she hugged our dad.

"Yeah, and don't scream when it flies through the window, okay?" I said to our mother and they laughed. We switched after, giving one more hug and kiss before grabbing our trunks and apparating onto the platform. It was full of people and we had to wrestle our way to the train so that we could get on. I levitated my trunk through the door and walked along till we spotted our friends. Funny enough, the Marauders were sitting with the girls. They were getting over their rivalry.

"Good morning." I said as I sat down after putting my trunk up. I received a chorus of replies and smiles. I turned to Sirius who was sitting beside me.

"I particularly enjoyed your visit this morning." He told me and and I scoffed as I shoved him. I knew he was teasing me but being scolded by my dad at seventeen was truly embarrassing.

"I don't understand his bloody problem! I'm seventeen, an adult and he's treating me like I'm five." I said, exasperated. He barked with laughter.

"It was cute, don't worry." He reassured me and my cheeks reddened slightly.

"Speaking of this morning, I would like those back please." I held out my hand and he looked shocked.

"I paid for those!" He exclaimed.

"They are horrible for you!" I shot back, and reached into his pocket.

"Hey!" He said as I pulled out a package.

"I'm trying to help you, you'll thank me later." I reassured him as he shot me a glare as he slumped in his seat. I giggled a bit at his sour look. Other people in our compartment were watching our little match in amusement. James came in a minute later, already in his Hogwarts robes, with the head boy badge pinned to the front.

"Ooo, cigarettes, don't mind if I do." James said as he saw the package in my hand and plucked one out of it. I was shocked.

"Not you too." How could they both have gotten into this habit. He put in between his lips and looked at me.

"What?" He asked innocently. I scoffed and took it from him, putting it back in the package before standing up and stretching to reach my trunk. Once I had gotten them safely in, I looked back and caught Sirius staring. When he noticed, he glanced away quickly, with a slight pink tinge. I smirked at him and sat back down.

"James, how'd your mum like the book?" I asked him, genuinely interested in it. I had hoped she would love it.

"She really liked it. I think she started right away. We have so much cheese now, she might even send you a care package." He told me and I sat back smiling, good. I had done a good thing.

"Come on Potter, we're needed in the prefect compartment." Lily stood up, and I noticed that she must have changed once we had gotten onto the train. He stood up and she left the compartment.

"This is your chance mate, you've got her all alone. Woo her." I encouraged him and he became excited.

"Potter!" I heard her call out, annoyed.