TWENTY SIX

Trigger Warning: this chapter contains content within the topic of sexual assault, if you are uncomfortable reading this topic please skip this chapter

I was the first champion out of the forest which meant that I was also in first place, in the whole competition. Dimitar came out second and Cordelia was last. She got out panting, looking frantic and full of sticks in her hair. I thought she might of had a nasty encounter with some centaurs or something else equally as dangerous. 

The Hogwarts students were feeling euphoric and excited that I was winning which always meant that we were going to throw a party. Someone stupidly shared the Gryffindor Common Room password to the whole school, and almost everyone turned up. That kid was going to get scrutinized tomorrow. But the party was pretty good at the beginning. 

Someone, and by someone, I meant James and Sirius, had brought in butterbeer, firewhisky and crisps just for the occasion and another had put tunes on the record player. To be a good sport, I had a shot but after that, I wasn't really in the mood to drink. Instead I took a butterbeer and settled in the corner with some friends to watch the fun. 

"Spin the bottle! Everyone gather 'round!" James yelled from the top of the stairs, waving an empty bottle of firewhisky. I laughed as he bounded down them and gathered a group of teens who all looked equally as drunk as James. He spotted me and motioned for me to come. I rolled my eyes at him but grabbed Lily and a few of the other Gryffindor sixth year girls and we all took a seat in the circle. 

"I want to go first!" Sirius called out as the bottle was placed in the middle of the large circle. He reached into the middle and spun the bottle so that it went around a few times before landing on a girl from the fifth year. A few girls looked a little sad as he went over and gave her a kiss. A few people including his other Marauder friends cheered as they broke apart; the girl was bright red. She looked over in our direction and I winked at her at which she became even more flustered. I guess being the Hogwarts champion made you a bit more known. Next that girl went and landed on another person and so forth, it continued. I hadn't even been picked once yet, which was weird, and also kind of boring.

"I'm getting a drink, I'll be back, call me if it lands on me." I told Julia as a Hufflepuff sixth year who I shared a few classes with spun. I got up and walked over to the table that held the punch, spiked with something, I'm sure. I filled my cup up and took a drink, definitely detecting some alcohol. This was my first mistake, letting my judgement get the better of me.

"Evans!" I looked over to see the circle staring at me and noticed that the bottle was pointed at my spot.

"Who spun?" I asked as I got back to the circle. James got up and pointed to himself all proud. Drunk James was so cute. I looked at Lily for a second who's eyes narrowed a bit but I truly didn't think she would care that much, she still thought he was extremely annoying.

"Come here, James." I said with a laugh as I held out my arms. When he came over I wrapped them around his neck and planted my lips on his. It was still the same as last year in feeling, It felt as if I was kissing a brother. Some people cheered at us as we pulled apart and I kissed him on the cheek before pushing him in the direction of his spot and tipping the bottle to make it spin. I watched it go around, six or seven times before it landed in front of someone. I followed the spout and looked up to see that it was pointing at Sirius who, coincidentally was locking lips with the girl beside him. James hollered his name and they broke apart, Sirius, had a smirk on his face as he looked around.

"Sorry, mate. I was a little busy. What do you want?" He asked. 

"It landed on you, Black." I told him. He looked at the bottle and his face broke out in a grin.