Understanding

"Im sorry about that, I know what came over me" Jack said. "Jack come and meet-" His dad paused and turned to my mom and dad. He said "I'm sorry I didn't catch your names" My mom answered cheerfully " I'm Rebecca and this is my husband Josh and this is Harleen our daughter" She pointed at me and whilst saying to Jack. " Nice to meet you Rebecca and Josh" He smiled and looked at me separately and came to me and said " And hello Harleen I'm Jack" 'I love it' I thought to myself. "Nice to meet you" I replied.

"Jack why don't you and Harleen stay in here whilst we show Rebecca and Josh to the dining area and chat for a bit ay " Said his mom as everyone walked out the room but me and Jack.
"yeah sure"He replied. I sat down and looked around. I felt him sit by me. "Sooo.." He said nervously "How old are you" I turned to him and answered "18, how about you?" He chuckled and said "Same". 'He looked older than 18' I thought. A couple of seconds passed and he turned and said "I would like to get to know you Harleen-.." "Quinzel" I replied "And I would like to get to know you too Jack"

//Time jump to 1 hour later//

Jack told me about his past and how he had to move here because I was quite and nobody knew him. He also told me has people refer to him as 'The joker'.I understood everything he said but after that he was telling me my eyes were beautiful and crystal blue and I was giggling when his mom walked in "Are you two coming to meet everyone else in the dining area?" She asked as she walked back out. "Yes" Jack replied.

We both got up at the same time and accidently collided and I fell on the floor. "Ouch!" I gasped. "Oh god Harleen are you okay" He helped me up. "Yeah fine" I said catching my breath. He pulled me up and our faces were so close and it was so silent you could hear a pin drop.