Chapter 10

Chapter 10
Searching.

Marinas pov.

It's been 2 days since we started the games. everyone from my alliance is still alive. the careers are still alive and the only people that died since the game started was the boy from 9, the tributes from 10, the boy from 8 and the girl from 11. Sadly when the boy from 8 died a little part of acrtion died to. He was her dad's friends son and I guess her friend too, she wouldn't talk about it that much. but all I could think about was that it was we are up against the careers. the weird part is that we haven't seen them yet. it's weird.
"Hey marina. I got a chipmunk!" Lilly said. right now we are on a hunting session. She's in the woods with barly and I'm with acrtion at the lake finding food and water.
"I got some fish" I said picking up my trident from the crystal clear lake.
"And we can boil this water so it's clean" acrtion said and we went back to camp.well ..... the cave that we found. We got there and I started a small fire while the others started to skin and gut the animals that we got. after they finished I cooked them and we ate. And it was delicious.. well I guess anything is delicious when you are in the games. but still.
"So what's our move. we can't just let them do what they want. we need to kill them!" Lilly said as we all ate.
"I guess your right. tomorrow we will go searching for them." barly said covering his mouth with his hand.
"Ok I'll take first watch" I said and they went to sleep. me standing up making sure no one came.

I woke up to barly shaking me.
"We are going now" he said getting up from his knees.
"Ohh ya ok. who's taking what weapon" I asked.
"I'll take the bow and arrows, you the trident, Lilly the knives and acrtion takes the bag of stuff" barly said and we all agreed. I grabbed the trident and we left me being the lead.
"Let's go to corn first" barly said
"Ok come on" I said and we went to the detection corn was in. there was nothing there. no foot prints or anything.
"Guys I'm starting to get scared" Lilly said
"We've all been scared" I said talking about all of us
"Ya" acrtion said.
"Ok guys let's split up and look around here a bit" barly said
"Ok I'll go this way" I said. I was a little scared leaving Lilly there on her own. she's only 12. but she's a smart 12 year old so I think she'll be ok. same thing with the others. barly is 13 and good with a bow and acrtion is 13 too and is strong for a 13 year old. sometimes I feel like there mother. but it's funny. I looked around but didn't find anything. where could they be!
"AHHH!" a scream came breaking out of my thoughts.
"Lilly? LILLY!" I yelled running over to the direction I hear the scream to find her.
"LILLY!" I yelled again turning my head like a maniac.
"AHH! HELP! MARINA HELP ME!" I heard her scream again. I ran over the the sound and found her cornered by the girl and boy from district 2.
"Get away from her!"i yelled getting the boys attention.
"No!" he yelled
"Marina! run!" Lilly yelled
"What?" I asked confused then I felt a pain in my ankle making me fall to the ground. I looked up and saw the guy from district 3 looking down at me with a sword in his right hand covered in blood and smirking at me. I looked down and saw that he cut my ankle.
"Marina!" I heard Lilly yell. I turned around at her to see a sword in the girl from 3s hand pierce Lilly's heart.
"NO!" I yelled and got up throwing my trident at the girl from 3 who stabbed lilly killing her instantly. I hobbled over and grabbed my trident and stabbed the guy from 2 who was helping the girl and then throwing it at the guy from 3 who was running away.
"Oh my gosh" I said as the cannon fires and looked at the dead bodies. I killed them. 3 of them. dead. because of me!
"Marina" I heard a faint voice say. I ran over to lilly
"What is it" I said sitting beside her and softly putting her head in my lap.
"Thank you for everything. And please... win. for me. for yourself and for finnick" she said finishing with a wink
"Lilly?" I said but she never replied only a cannon sounded. I checked her pulse but there was none. that's when I snapped. I screamed, jumped around, panicked, threw stuff and cryed. she was only 12 years old!after I finished I grabbed the knifes that she had and my trident. looking at the dead bodies and grabbing what they had. I went over to Lilly one more time and a tear slid down my face onto hers.
"I'm so sorry" I whispered and slowly walked away.
"Marina! where is lilly?! " Barly said running to me
"She- she- she's gone" I said hugging him and crying into his shoulder.
"She's what?" barly said tears coming into his eyes
"She died.... and I killed... 3....3 people... I killed them." I said
"Oh my gosh." he said hugging me again. then a scream was heard again
"acrtion" we said at the same time looking at each other.

______

A/n sad chapter :( I'm sorry.... Who are your favourite character/characters in the hunger games? tell me! I would really like to know! bye!