Preface

"Can you break my bones, tear my skin? Can you taste my lust, feel my sin?" Lund.

-

Preface

"Are you aware of what you are about to do?"

A voice boomed across the dusty, old library causing me to spring alert and snap the book I'm holding shut, making dust fly to my face.

"Of... of course... I know!" I said between coughs and placed the book aside.

"I highly doubt that's correct, my dear."

I studied my grandfather as he walked down the stairs, the old wood creaked under his heavy weight.

"I'd rather regret doing something, than regret something I didn't do." I recited the family sermon firmly.

He sighed, "They really hammered that into you, did they not." he muttered to himself.

He sat down on a table, and stared at me pitifully.

In a bravado tone I promised. "I'm going to fix this—I'm going to fix everything."

Grandfather shook his head solemnly. "What a heavy burden for such a young heart."

Those where the final words I hear my grandfather say before he disappeared; before they all disappeared.

With the words I promised still echoing in my mind, I move forwards to change the past – the present – the future and overwrite our horrendous fate and the harbinder of our hate.