7 | seven

i'm off to the mall to buy some american apparel underwear.

i see andrea; the girl who's calum's girlfriend. she's scurrying around the store, folding clothes and generally just sorting everything up. she catches my eye and she glares.

just to be a bitch, i 'accidentally' knock over a stack of black tee's with my arm. she huffs and storms over, giving me the nastiest glare.

"watch where you're going," she hisses at me.

"watch your attitude. you certainly don't want me complaining to your manager," i reply sweetly.

i can practically see the steam coming off her; a blue vein throbs on her forehead. her light nutmeg coloured skin is turning into an almost angry red.

as she swishes her dark brown hair dyed blonde at the ends, she spins around and paces away.

i shrug carelessly and turn back to the rose gold rack of clothes. i flick through the articles of clothing and i'm awarded with the prettiest sky blue top; they're almost the same shade as luke's eyes.

speaking of luke; i wish he was here with me. he'd be willing to carry all my stuff and he'd keep my spirits high with his cheesy jokes.

i hum as i pick out a selection of underwear and walk to the back of the store to try everything on. i'm already positive that everything will fit me, but the lighting in the changing room is great and it's a wonderful place for selfies.

"pick a vacant one," a bubblegum pink haired girl points absentmindedly.

i nod and walk to the change room in the back; the place luke and i accidentally met when i was bent over half naked.

how fucking romantic.

still a better love story than twilight though.

i half smile as i notice that the door is cracked open the slightest; implying that it's vacant. i push it open and i'm proved wrong.

there are two girls standing there; making out passionately. usually, i won't mind some public display of affection but today i'm caught off guard.

"holy shit!" i scream, dropping all my clothes.

that gets the attention of both of them. they both turn to stare at me; both familiar faces. one with short blonde hair and almost black eyes and the other with ombré dyed hair and hazel eyes.

"holy shit," i repeat, my voice softening a lot with realization.

"don't tell ashton!" kay begs, pushing andrea off of her.

"please don't say a word to calum," andrea's eyes widen with fear.

i'm stuck, gaping at the pair of them. i feel frozen at my feet. ashton's going to be crushed; he's so in love with kay. i don't know calum well, but with the few minutes i spent with him, i know that he's a good guy and he doesn't deserve to have his girlfriend cheating on him.

"please, please, please michael." kay begs, walking over to me.

i finally get control over my body again; i snap out of my shock. i back away with disgust clear on my face.

"this is a joke," i groan, rubbing my temples.

"i know you hate me but you can't hate me enough to ruin my relationship with calum, right?" andrea asks softly, her big doe eyes staring at me.

"honey, you ruined your own relationship. i had nothing to do with it," i say truthfully backing away.

i glance over to glare at kay. "is this why you're being so distant with ashton? because you've been with this whore?"

"don't call her names!" kay defends.

"you're such a fucking bitch! that's all you can say? when ashton figures out, he'll be heart broken. he'll hate you. i'll hate you. wow, get away from me." i give kay a dirty look as i sidestep away, pulling out my phone to call ashton.

"who are you calling?" andrea asks, her voice quavery.

"ashton. and then calum." i reply harshly.

"let us explain first!" kay begs, following me. "please michael."

"fuck off!" i scowl at them.

"give us a chance. we'll explain everything tomorrow, please michael. don't rat us out yet," andrea flutters her eyelashes.

i shake my head but i decide to hear them out. i scroll deeper down my contacts to find luke's number instead.

"meet us at the smoothie bar tomorrow. i'll text you the details," kay tries to keep her voice calm.

"you better have a good reason," i murmur to the two of the girls.

i don't bother to listen to their response because suddenly luke picks up the phone. "hello?" his velvety smooth voice asks.

"luke?" i ask, even though i know that it's him.

"yeah. why are you calling, gorgeous?" luke asks, sounding genuinely confused.

"you won't believe what just happened.."