Haunting Memories

Start from the beginning

“I don’t know man. I mean the entirety of the football team is bound to be there. It just doesn’t feel like our kind of crowd,” I tried explaining, and Erec nodded.

“Oh come on. Since when do we have a crowd? And we’re not going to check out the football team. We’re going for the good stuff.”

I raised an eyebrow towards him.

“When was the last time you had a girlfriend, huh?” He asked abruptly.

“Really, this again?” Of course it would turn out like this. Justin was always on the lookout for new girls, to add to his collection, while trying to drag Erec and I into his little schemes for the entirety of it. Little did he know, that the last time I had a girlfriend was quite recently.

I never told anyone about Samantha, and besides my sister no-one else knew of my relationship with her. Not even my best friends!

“That’s none of your business,” I answered back casually. Erec gave me a puzzled look, that made me think he wanted to question me about my reaction, but said nothing.

“See what I mean. This is what we need to get back in the game. Please you guys I’ m begging you here,” continued Justin.

“And I’m the one in desperate need of a relationship,” I stated wryly.

“Hey, I never said I wasn’t interested in one of those. At least not if it’s temporary,” he replied with a devious smile.

“Still not willing to commit I see,” Erec replied, shaking his head in disapproval.

“Now why would I allow only one girl to enjoy my company, when I’ve got enough of me to share?” Justin replied, feigning ignorance.

I let out a sigh. “With your looks, I’m more surprised that you’re getting any girls at all. I Guess they must have some seriously low standards.”

Justin slumped back into his chair looking defeated. I let out a laugh.

“Would you look at that. Come on Jus, you know I’m just playing around. Stop getting all sensitive on me.”

Justin’ s face lit up.

“You know, that is what all the ladies call me. Apparently they really dig it.”

And I regretted cheering him up almost immediately.

“Okay Fine,” Erec agreed and I shot him a look of betrayal, mixed with a little bit of surprise. I really thought I could count on him, to back up my play.

“I thought you hated these sorts of things.”

“Who knows, it could be interesting,” said Erec, but I suspected there was something more to this decision of his, that he wasn’t letting on.

I decided not to question him about it though. Besides, he must have known it as well as I did. Justin was the type of friend that would continue pestering us until we agreed. I let out a breath and gave in. “Okay okay. You guys win. It seems like we’re going to the party.”