As The Truth Comes To Light

It was exactly 2 weeks later that I met Samantha once more. Every year my family organized a BBQ for both friends and family. The tradition was passed on to my father by his father and so on. My father often joked that one day it would be my turn. I always laughed nervously when he said that, because I had no intention whatsoever to continue with something so annoying.

I geuss the only good thing that came out of the BBQ was the fact that I could invite my friends. Unfortunately, none of them were interested. Earlier I had greeted the first couple of guests and decided to retreat into my room. Downstairs I could hear the sound of my brother's laughter and I couldn't help but feel agitated. Suddenly I heard my mother calling. I stood up reluctantly and went down. She motioned to the door and I immediately knew that she wanted me to greet the new guests. I groaned as I opened the door. I barely looked up as I welcomed them inside. Suddenly I heard a familiar voice.

"Zack".

It was only now that I looked up and saw Samantha standing in the doorway.

She was as beautiful as ever wearing a simple blue blouse and black skinny jeans and for a moment I wished I could see her legs as completely as last time.

"Samantha, hi".

She looked at me for a moment and I was completely caught in the gaze of her hazel brown eyes.

"It's funny isn't it?, It's just like last time".

Completely like last time, I thought, cursing the fact that I was once again standing around like a fool. Suddenly I heard a voice behind me.

"Samantha, welcome"

I watched as Trent walked toward us and kissed her. I found myself imagining just what a kiss from Samantha would feel like and I immediately rejected the thought.

My god what was happening to me?

As they went further into the living room I made a decision to steer clear of Samantha for the rest of the night, and watched as my brother introduced her to my parents. Old knews, I thought, she wasn't the first girl my brother introduced to my parents and I doubted she would be the last. Suddenly I felt someone tapping my shoulders lightly. I turned around and saw my sister.

"Becca". I exclaimed.

My sister Rebecca was only 2 years older than me, and was the one family member I could actually communicate with.

"You alright Zack?, you look a little uncomfortable".

I was surprised by her observation. Were my emotions that obvious?

"I'm fine", I lied.

"Just a little tired that's all".

I walked away toward my room and I could see that she wanted to ask me something. She obviously thought better of it; because the question never came.

Once inside my room the time passed away slowly. I was completely planning to stay in my room for the rest of the evening, when I was met with a sudden sensation; I had to pee. I snaked downstairs as I went to the bathroom. It didn't take long. And once I was finished I hurried back towards my room. It was then that I bumped into someone nearly knocking the person over. I reached out and grabbed the person just before they could fall and realized that it was no-one other than Samantha herself.