Chapter 3

September 1st(Wednesday)
Daniel's POV-

"have a good day Finn" I yell to him as he runs into the school, I dropped him off at the door since he knows where everything is now. I pull out of the school going to high school, I'm not ready for the day my jaw is still a little bruised and my ribs are still hurting me. I know I'm going to be hurt even more today because I didn't do their homework, all weekend I spent reading new books and sleeping. I get out of the truck and rush inside because I'm a little late the traffic was pretty bad, I walk to my locker and get to class without getting tripped.

It's lunchtime and I'm pretty scared to go to lunch, all day I've been pushed and tripped more than normal. I walk in slowly trying to get to a seat before I'm pushed or tripped again.

"Loser" someone says pushing me down

"Nerd" I hear Alex say walking over to me with the football team behind him.

"What?" I ask quietly even though I know they can hear it since the lunch room is silent.

"You didn't do our homework" he says

"I forgot" I say to him

"Sure you did what do you have to do all weekend your a loner" he says

"I had stuff to do" I say to him trying to get up but he has his leg over my ribs putting pressure on the already sore bruise.

"I don't care what did I tell you we'd do if you didn't do the homework?" He asks

"You said you would all beat me up" I say just giving in already it's easier to just take it than to make them mad.

"Good you remember that part" he says pressing even harder on my ribcage, he pulls his leg back and kicks me hard in the ribs, knocking the wind out of me. "Pick him up boys"

"Got it Alex" one of them says and two grab my arms ripping me from the ground and holding my arms behind my back so I can't do anything with them. Alex pulls his fist back and punches me right in the eye it's definitely going to swell close my glasses fall to the floor. He then punches me in the same spot from Friday even harder than he did. One of the other players punches my nose making blood gush out and ruin my white button down. The kicker on the team kicks my ankle, while the running back pushes me down and they all just start kicking and punching me, making my body ache all over.

"I think that's good boys" Alex says after about 10 minutes of them punching and kicking me. I get up after they leave me alone and everyone goes back to eating there lunch like nothing happened. I walk to the nurse, I'm just going try to go home I don't want to have to deal with it anymore.

"How can I help you?" The nurse ask with her back to me once I knock quietly on the door

"I was wondering if I could go home I don't feel good?" I ask

"What's wrong?" She says turning around "oh my what happened to you?"

"Fight" I just say because she knows about what happens all the time but I made her promise she wouldn't do anything about it, if she did I would be hurt even more.

"Okay sweetie" she says

"Thanks Mrs.Jones" I say to her as she nods her head turning around a writing me a slip for me to leave. She's the only one I trust since she needs to know why I'm always coming to the nurses office. She's a nice lady she has brown hair and bright blue eyes that made me trust her, she's about 27 and she has 2 little boys and she's married to a doctor.

"No problem sweetie you really need to have them stop this" she says trying to clean the dried blood on my face

"Just leave it I want to leave I'll clean it up at home, I just want to get out of here before lunch ends" I say to her quietly trying not to think about the pain I'm feeling.