Chapter Four

Dear Pen Pal,

  I am so glad we are friends and you didn't try to get me and Noah like Finn did.

  Mom and Dad were really worried and also relieved about what happened. That night they went to the police and they told them that they would be looking for Finn to talk to him about what he was doing. After they were done in the police station they took us to dinner at Burger King, which was greatly appreciated. Mom said she was very proud of dad and they hugged. I think they might live together again. All of us, like a family. I can't believe it!!!

  We went back to Aunt Elena's house and dad spent the night in the couch. He said he would protect us from every possible evil, which was great. But the house was getting a little small for us. Dad had said that he was living at a little motel nearby for now until he could get things straight.

  Monday at school everybody knew what had almost happened to Noah and I, so kids asked us all sorts of things and were all over us. Some didn't look very excited about it though. This kid, Andrew, said we were playing with something dangerous and that we should be more careful. Our teachers said to never trust strangers again and to always go straight home, not stopping anywhere for people asking for us to come with them. I told them that I would remember that. And I did. That day, and the next, and the next, until we had to move.

  Mom and Dad were back together and they decided to move to another house, not Aunt Elena's, but still in the same town, so Noah and I wouldn't miss school. Besides, we were only ten minutes away from where we used to live, just in the opposite direction from the school.

  Our parents worked every day until about six in the afternoon, so we walked home from school, since the bus wouldn't stop next to our house. It was okay though, by this time of the year, winter was approaching, and it would get colder and colder every day It also got harder to walk everyday.

  Our house was white. It had blue details around it and the roof was black. It looked pretty nice on the outside. The inside wasn't great, because we weren't exactly rich, but we had a tv and Noah and I shared a room. We had only one car and dad would drop mom off everyday at work and sometimes she would get a ride home or just walk.

  We had a nice life. I was happy with everything. And Thanksgiving would be next week, so everything was just fine.

Yours Truly,

Trevor