Chapter Two

Dear Pen Pal,

Things are getting kind of better. I always enjoy going back to school, and starting over in this new town seemed like the perfect opportunity to make a few new friends.

Our new town was two hours away from the one we used to live when mom and dad were still together. It was smaller, and Aunt Elena's house had a very nice view to the main street and some other houses. Sometimes I would sit with Noah on the living room and would look at the cars passing by.

But summer was almost over and mom took us to get enrolled in our new school. I was excited about starting 6th grade in a new school, and the kids treated me very good on the first week. But one of the boys didn't like to share the attention with me, so he followed Noah and I home. I told my Aunt about it, but she said nothing would happen, and she turned the TV on for us.

Our mom started to work on a restaurant. She would almost always bring us dinner from the restaurant, but some days Aunt Elena would cook to us. Mom looked tired and sad all the time. Her hair was messy and she had bags under her eyes. She was still recovering from all she's been through, I thought and hoped. And the days went by fast, and life was never worse, but never better.

Yours Truly,

Trevor.