I knew where Nas had crashed when I saw Sam's mangled car being loaded onto a tow truck. Glass and other car panels were across the road and police were diverting traffic around the hazards. I could see large pools of blood on the headrests of both driver's and passenger's seats, and I knew that Sam must have been injured also.

I kept a strong head as I continued my route to the hospital.

After passing two speeding cameras, knowing I'd be paying some fines, I finally made it to the hospital. I parked in the first park I found, not even bothering to check the parking times.

I raced through the doors of the emergency wing of the hospital and went straight to the reception desk.

My breathing was laboured as I hastily gasped, "My fiancée... car crash... critical..."

"Calm down, sir," the man behind the desk suggested, looking up from his computer. "Tell me what the matter is."

I took a deep breath before speaking. I had to look at my feet, for if I looked at the receptionist - the man who was keeping me from Nas - I would definitely lose it. "My fiancée's been in a car accident on the Midland Highway. A nurse told me to come down."

The man quickly searched through some documents before looking back at me. "Are you Paul Tucker?" he asked.

"No, my name is- "

"Taylor Elliott?" he cut me off.

"Yes, please, just let me see her," I rushed, unable to hold back a few tears.

"Of course," he answered, leaning down to a microphone.

"Nurse Dawson to emergency reception; Nurse Dawson to emergency reception," was broadcasted over the speakers.

I waited at the desk, using it mainly for support, whilst I waited for the nurse. I had no idea how bad Nas' injuries were, and I had no idea what situation she was in for a recovery. I was only seeing the worst possible outcomes - there were no other images in my head.

After what seemed like hours, a small, young nurse walked into the main reception area and headed to the man I had spoken to just recently.

"Yes, Gary?" she asked.

The receptionist indicated to me and began explaining. "I believe that you contacted Mr. Elliott here about his fiancée, Nasatya Perstacio."

Nurse Dawson smiled at me, "Right this way Mr. Elliott."

I followed after her through a few corridors until we came to the Intensive Care Ward. She looked at me warily before pushing the doors open.

People were bustling around, most of them being nurses and doctors. We came to a stop outside room 22, and it was then that I knew I was finally going to see Nas.

"Go ahead," the nurse said, directing for me to open the door.

Slowly, I pushed down the door handle and eased the door open. I noticed that there was another nurse tending to a body under white blankets - Nas.

I walked to the bedside and saw an image of hell on heaven.

Nas was lying on the bed, arms by her side, looking completely at ease. At least, she would have looked relaxed if it hadn't been for all the damages that marked her body.

It was evident that her chestnut hair had been drenched in blood, for her head was heavily bandaged, showing off blood stains. Her emerald green eyes were hidden behind a mask of puffy, black eyelids. The bruises spanned out across most of her face. Her lips were swollen and cracked. She had many cuts across her face, most of them already stitched up.

She had a bung in her hand, administering fluids to her system, heart monitors connected to a beeping machine, and oxygen was being fed to her through tubes under her nose.

"Nassy," I whimpered in a weak voice.

I snuffled a sob and brought my right hand to very lightly stroke her blackened cheek. My tears fell to her limp arms that had been placed along her sides. Her arms were again covered in bruises and cuts, some stitched already. I could only imagine what the rest of her body looked like now.

I couldn't not do it; I had to feel her under my lips. Where my fingers had previously been, I placed the lightest of pecks on her cheek.

I pulled a nearby chair up behind me, and sat down as I gently held her hand that held my ring.

"How bad is she?" I asked, not directing it at any nurse in particular.

It was Nurse Dawson who replied. "She has a fractured skull, her right tibia bone has been broken, and she's also got three broken ribs and she's injured her coccyx, but her spinal injuries will not affect her long-term. She's stable, and we predict that she will make a full recovery."

"After how long?" I asked, stroking the back of her hand with the gentlest of touches.

"Mr. Elliott," she continued, "your fiancée's going to need physical therapy to be able to walk again. She won't have movement in her lower body for three to four months at least after she wakes. And, we're going to keep her under for the next few days to let her body begin its natural healing process."

I wiped my tears away, not letting Nassy's hand free, whilst I absorbed all this information.

The nurse had said three to four months...