Chapter 03

CHAPTER 3

As we drove home that night, Tay held my hand tighter than usual, but I didn't object.

"You know, it's three months tomorrow until the wedding, love?" Tay began, grinning triumphantly as he pecked the back of my hand.

I smiled hugely. "I wish it were tomorrow," I replied, squeezing his hand in return.

He briefly turned to face me, and I could see from the dim light that he was thinking the same thing. "I know why you wish it were tomorrow," he finally said.

I felt my cheeks heat up with a blush. I ended up coughing a shaky cough to try and hide my embarrassment. It only made Tay chuckle in return.

"Don't be embarrassed, sweetheart," he replied as he turned into the driveway. He parked to the side of the house beside Dad and Becky's car. Dallas' was also there, but it was still parked roughly on the looped driveway. Before I could unbuckle my seat belt, Tay spoke again, "Just so you know, I can't wait for that part either." He raised his eyebrows in a flagitious manner before unclipping his seatbelt and leaning over to kiss me.

It was a deeper kiss than what I was expecting, but that didn't stop me from returning it with all the passion I could muster in my surprise. Tay had ended up leaning almost right on top of me, so I began to direct him back to his seat, getting ideas as I went. I carefully stepped over the gear stick and console before sitting atop his lap. My arms found their way around his neck and I began to press my body against him lewdly, not even paying mind to the child in the backseat. I heard - and felt - a moan escape Tay's lips before his hands started caressing down my back and lower body.

We were interrupted as knuckled tapped on the - now slightly foggy - window. Only one person would do that - Dallas. I pulled away from Tay's mouth and groaned. Again, Dallas felt the need to interrupt.

After Dallas had finished his VCE schooling, he immediately asked Dad if he could move in. Dad, of course never being able to say no, welcomed him with open arms. There weren't any bedrooms left - seeing as Tahlia had taken the last bedroom - so Dad vacated his office downstairs just so Dallas could have a room. Since moving in, Dallas had bought a car, been given a job at the local mechanic - earning more than what I thought possible in a small town - and he's also been an awesome uncle to Tahlia.

I yanked Tay's door open, trying to hit Dallas in the leg at least. Of course, I failed miserably. I stumbled out, having to grab the frame of the car to support my unbalanced body. I turned and gave my annoying brother a very stern look.

"What on earth is so important that it couldn't wait another five minutes?!" I blared. Tay chuckled as he climbed out after me. I heard him go around to the other side of the car to get Tahlia out.

"Phone," he said in a small voice, trying to keep a straight face in the situation.

I sighed. I knew who it would be. I took the cordless phone out of Dallas' hand and put it to my ear. "Hi Elladora," I greeted, not even fearing that I'd be wrong.

"Nassy!" my sister exclaimed, truly ecstatic. "I'm sorry - I didn't interrupt anything did I?"

"Not at all," I lied in a small voice. "What's up Ellie?"

That was all I needed to say for her to start rambling. "Well, I was looking through some catalogues again today, and I found these really pretty flowers. They're white with pinks outlining the edges of the petals. They look so beautiful, and they'd look really nice in your hair. And speaking of your hair, I also saw in a hairdressing book a beautifully intricate hairstyle that would complement the theme and dress nicely- "