Puppy Luv: Chapter 11

Seth POV

Everything was going great. The wolves didn't scare her and she was really happy. And even Leah was enjoying herself a bit. My imprint was happy, and that made me happy. And then that stupid leech had to show up and ruin everything.

I could smell him first. He was behind me in the direction we had walked in. He was hiding in the bushes among the tress. I crinkled my nose and let out a growl. And so did Jake and Leah. My body was tense as we listened for him. I hoped that he was just passing through, but soon he came closer and closer.

Suddenly he jumped out of the bushes and lunged of Evelyn. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to me, but Jake was one step ahead. He lunged for him and they both went bursting through a series of trees.

"What was that?" Evelyn asked, completely shaking in my arms.                     

"Umm…" I wasn't sure what to say, and there was no time for explanations. Leah barked at me and gave me a look that said 'get out, now'. "I'll explain later, okay?" I didn't wait for an answer. I picked her up bridal style and started running back in the direction we came from. I could hear the growls of both Leah and Jake. But then something happened that made my skin crawl. The growls stopped and faded into howls. He was coming. I ran faster than I already was, and almost tripped over my own feet. The sweet smell came back, and started to get closer and closer. Suddenly, he was right in front of us. I skidded to a halt and backed up to the tree.

He just stood there, his eyes pitch black, staring at us. Evelyn was still shaking, and I could just imagine her expression. I only could imagine though, because I knew it was too risky to take my eyes off of him. I put her on the floor and she slid down to sit. "Stay here." I whispered, and out of the corner of my eye I saw her nod. I took one step forward, and as soon as I saw him flinch, I phased.

I heard Evelyn gasp, but I could worry about that later. Right then all that mattered was keeping her safe from that leech. I lunged for his throat, but he was fast and dodged me. Then I went back to guard Evelyn. Now he was officially dangerous. I needed help. Big time help.

Don't worry Seth, Leah said, coming up from where she had been before, Jacob's going to get the Cullens. They'll keep her safe while we finish him off.

I think we'll need help with that too. I answered, he's fast.

So are we.

Yeah, and he got away from you guys.

Don't criticize me, I told you this was a bad idea. You two never listen to me.

I didn't know this was gonna happen!

She shut up once she heard the panic in my voice. Jacob had better come fast. We wouldn't be able to stall him for long. Leah was soon in my sight, but so was the vampire. Leah lunged at him, but he dodged her again. And that was the way it went: back and forth, back at forth. She was pushing him back little by little, but he was scooting closer and closer too. I snuck a look back at Evelyn, and she looked terrified. Her eyes were wide and she was shaking all over. Plus, she almost looked paler than the leech.

My head snapped back to Leah and the vampire when I heard the cracking of bark and Leah's whimper. She had gone flying through a tree and struggled to get up. He looked like he was planning to finish her off, but no way was I letting that happen. And so while he was momentarily distracted I went for him.

Renesmee POV

Everything was nice. Quiet, but nice. I was sitting down on the floor by the sofa reading. On the couch were my mom and dad, curled up together barely paying any attention to the game that Rosalie and Emmet were watching, who were sitting on the other couch. Alice and Jasper were sitting on the stairs, also watching. Carlisle and Esme were sitting by the dinner table, talking softly. All in all, it was nice. But it was also boring.

I missed Jacob. I wanted to spend the day with him instead of cooped up in the house. Sure when I hung out with him I was usually reading anyways, but I missed the sounds of him working on that little car and of Seth complaining that he was bored.

Hmm, I thought, I wonder how that's coming along.

As if to answer my thoughts my dad suddenly shot up. His eyes were distant and his mouth was pulled down in a frown. But then his eyes widened and his face became worried.

"Edward, what is it?" my mom asked quickly.

"It's Jacob," he started, and that was enough to catch my attention, "and Seth's imprint. There's another vampire attacking. They need our help."

"Great," Rosalie muttered, getting up.

"Where are they?" I asked.

"Jacob will lead the way. But you're staying here." My dad answered.

"What? No!"

"Renesmee it's too dangerous for you." My mom said gently. Everyone one else was already gone.

"But I want to help!"

"No." my dad said bluntly.

"That's not fair." I fought back, but then I brightened up with an idea. "What if I just bring her back here to keep her safe? Seth's imprint, I mean."

"Well…" my mom said, unsure.

"I'll take that as a yes!" I said, running off before they could say no. They just followed without arguing anymore. Besides, there was something more important to handle. They passed me of course, but I caught a ride. Jacob was waiting for me farther into the forest. He wasn't happy about me being there, but there was nothing he could do about it.

One advantage of being a half vampire with a werewolf friend is having your own personal horse.

I jumped off when we were close and Jacob went off to get rid of the vampire. I only got a quick glance at him. He was, like all of our kind, very good looking. He had shoulder length pitch black hair, dark black eyes, pale skin, and god like features. But at the same time he was scary. It was like some sort of fallen angel scary.

I rushed off to find Evelyn. I didn't know what she looked like, but I was pretty sure she would be the only human around completely freaked out. Sure enough I saw a girl with black hair, golden eyes, light skin, and a shaking figure.

I went up behind her and tapped her shoulder. She jumped and turned around to look at me.

"Sorry. It's okay, come with me." I said, holding out my hand toward her. She just stared at it, and then back at me. "It's alright, I'm a friend, trust me. My name's Renesmee." Something about my name must have woken her up because she slowly reached her hand out and took mine. I smiled and pulled her up. "Come on, we have to go. I'll take you back to my house alright?" she nodded weakly.

With her hand in mine we ran back through the forest toward my house. Soon, the growls of both my families faded into the distance.

Once we were inside I led her to the dining room table and had her sit down. Once she was I took a seat across from her. Then we just sat there in an awkward silence. Quil and Embry had once told me that every time there was an awkward silence a gay baby was born. I didn't believe them, but if it was true then a lot would've been born. It must have been at least 3 minutes before I decided to do the inevitable.

"So…" I started out, "guess you want an explanation, huh?"

"An explanation would be nice." She said softly, still wide eyed and shaking. But as soon as she did her stomach growled loudly. She smiled sheepishly and I giggled.

"How 'bout I get you some food and I'll talk while you eat?" She nodded gratefully and smiled for the first time. I smiled back and got up, praying that Jacob and the rest of the pack had left my leftovers from the night before. When I opened up the fridge and it was there, I thought that there must be some sort of God out there.