Dreams of Fire (Josh Hutcherson Love Story)

Hot sun was blazing all around Santa Monica beach. tourists taking the advantage of the perfect day by filling up almost every square mile of the sandy paradise.  Kayla and her two best friends, Lila and Logan drudged through the packed beach. feeling slightly claustrophobic as they hurried their pace to get to the production studio where Kayla's father worked, but more importantly where the there would have free food and air conditioning.

               Lila -despite the heat- kept up a constant chatter among the three, telling stories of her multiple boyfriends. Kayla had known them, and in fact had even met most of them. She was almost positive that they knew what Lila had been doing. But like most boys, they had kept her for her looks. her long blonde hair seemed to shimmer in the sunlight, and her fair completion and dazzling green eyes were not something to overlook, though most boys (and some girls) turned their heads whenever she walked by to witniss her utter beauty. Logan on the other hand was more of a pretty boy, Kayla thought. he had long black hair that he had to flip every so often. But Logan's most dazzling feature was his almond shaped eyes, the color of blue pansies with long eyelashes that Kayla could look into forever. Nothing had ever been romantic between the two of course, although when he touched her arm and pulled her toward the sidewalk she felt tingles going up her spine.

"Jesus Kayla, you almost knocked over that kid" he said grinning at her. 

"oh, come on" Lila muttered as she pulled her to the studio making her stumble on her feet.

         The inside of the studio was cold making Kayla more thirsty. she walked towards the refreshments and turned to talk to Lila and Logan but realized they had already gone, stiffling a loud sigh she took a cold water and made her way over to the directors chair where a gray haired man was sitting.he wore a black shirt that showed the outline of his stomach. Her father- Michael- the one who once read her stories to bed, sung her lullabies, scared the monsters out of the closet, the one who's a movie director, who gets all the big production jobs with the famous movie stars, the ones that her father warns her about.

       He was talking to one of them right now, muscular, chizzled jaw, hazel eyes. Josh Hutcherson. she observed him from a safe distance, waiting until they stopped talking to talk to her father. he was a handsome boy, his black leather jacket making his light skin stand out more. he wore a dark wash jeans while holding his phone in his hand. the more she observed him the more she wanted to touch his tousled hair and without even realizing she had come up to her father and Josh and realized she was still staring at him when his hazel eyes met hers, only for a moment until she looked down feeling the blood rush to her face.

"Kayla! im glad your here, this is Josh, do you mind bringing him to Delilah, i would fetch Kelsey but im not sure of her whereabouts, thanks sweetheart" he said planting a kiss ontop of her head and yelled action going in full director mode. 

          she looked up at him one more time to look at the boy and he was grinning at her. he was about to say something but she already turned around and started walking through the crowd of people in the studio.

"Hey, slow down there" he said catching up to her once the crowd cleared.

"Im Josh-"

"yes, thank you Josh, im very well aware" she said stubbornly 

"its Kayla, right? pretty name" 

"well thank my parents for that then" he looked taken aback by her comment and continued to walk quietly by her, keeping up with her fast pace. She opened the door to the costume department and saw Delilah standing there checking the costumes, Kayla signaled her over and stood there awkwardly for a few moments.

"hey you should call me sometime" he looked at her with a charming smile

"no, i really shouldnt" she said sternly while Delilah took ahold of him and pulled him inside

"Well, i'll see you later, Kayla" he said before she shut the door close.

_____________________________________________________________________________

well i revamped the story a bit, and a tad better writing if i do have to say so myself. although the ending was a bit fast paced but im tired and i need to have a shower.hope you enjoyed xx

p.s will be updating more often, considering i havnt been on here for months, but i feel in the writing mood!