Pain flashed in his eyes, his face had guilty written all over it. Dropping his head he sighed

“Okay, then… then give me a chance. Let me show you I can be good for you. I can Eryn… Let me show you”

I was still glaring at him “What are you talking about Will?”

“Let me be your friend. We start fresh… as friends. “

It was my turn to be confused

Friends?”  I said it like it was a foreign word. How could we possibly be friends?  Looking him over he looked so hopeful. He had a tiny smile on his face, with his hands bunched into his pockets. He looked like the Will I knew before all this mate shit happened.

Sighing I smiled

“Okay… Friends. That’s it, nothing else I’m serious! Just Friends”

He went to speak but I cut him off

“And NO that does not mean Friends with benefits. You’re either just my friend or nothing at all”

He laughed taking a step forward he grabbed me into a hug.

“I know I don’t deserve this chance; but I’ll show you Eryn. Thank you”

I could feel him smiling against my hair; it made me happy. Pushing him away I made my up the patio towards the door to head inside; feeling a little lighter.

“I’ll see you later… friend”

Turning around I smiled at him; he really can be a civil guy sometimes.

 “ya… when he wants something”

Walking into the gym I was surprised to see Daniel sparring with Blake. They never fought together… especially not one on one. My heart tugged looking at him – It’s been a long two weeks. He and Daniel both had blood all over themselves; I stood in the entrance just watching them. They haven’t noticed me yet; wanting to keep it that way I crouched down and crawled over so I was behind the weight bench. Hidden out of sight; but I had a front row seat to watch them spar.

 Blake brought his fist up and tumbled it into Daniels stomach. As Daniel dropped he kicked his foot out hitting Blake’s knee with a crack they both fell.

“That’s all you got? I thought you came in here to fight!”

Daniel kept taunting Blake, I could tell it was starting to get under his skin. Blake grabbed his leg and popped it back into place before it could heal. Cracking his neck he jumped back up taking on his stance.

“I did, just didn’t expect to fight with a bitch”

Blake took one step to the left; Daniel took one step to the right.

“Oh now come on now… no hard feelings buttercup!”

The continued to circle each other. Daniel had a smile plastered on his bloody face; while Blake looked menacing. What the heck is going?

“I get the feeling this isn’t a friendly fight”

“No hard feelings?! You made sure to push them together! You lied to our faces… she trusts you! WHY would you do that?! She will never forgive you - you know”

What were they talking about?

“OH Blake get off your high horse! You are just looking to put blame onto someone! OKAY so I may have lied a little bit, and yes… I may have pushed them together… a teeny tiny bit but it was all for her own good Blake. Mates belong together, some people aren’t lucky enough to ever find there’s.”