Two

My pillow was damp from my tears. My state was all I could think of. I didn't reply to his texts, too lost within my boasting pride. Every time my phone chimed, indicating the arrival of his message, my mouth would release an aggravated whine. My head barreled into a splitting headache, my exhaustion crossing the line.

Pulling the blanket adorned with red and orange leaves did little if anything to make me feel safe. 6 days. That's how long it had been. Though, my heart refused to let him have another chance, too occupied with feeling pity for myself. My mind was swarmed with the heavy feeling of chafe.

Tears cascaded down my cheeks, only to soak into the now wet fabric of the pillow. How had anger melded into melancholy? "Laughing is the best medicine," I remembered reading. Though, how I could I cure this disease of misunderstanding when my stubborn heart wouldn't cooperate?

Why hadn't I just listened to him? He deserved a chance to explain. Although, I shut all my doors, defying all roles of humanity. I was too comfortable in the darkness I had encased myself into. Well, that's why they say: "Tit for tat." In other words, karma always catches up.

If only I had looked deeper. If only I knew how hard it was for him...

Now, it was too late. The seconds had clicked past into hours, then into days.

Karma had shot back almost instantly. If only I had known... Nobody can escape fate.

  ------------------------------------------------------------  

Author's Note:

Hello! Here is chapter 2! 

I hope you like it! If you're reading my story, then please let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you! 

If you liked this chapter, then make sure to vote and share. 

Thank you so much for reading and have an amazing day! :)

- Anika