Chapter 3

Everyday is the same, except for today. No one pushed me or called me names for some odd reason. I share every class with the jock Avi Kaplan. In every class I feel someone looking at me but I just brush it off because it's nothing, right. Yeah, right.

I never been put into a group. I'm not a nerd, jock, popular, or anything like that, I'm just a kid at a school. And that's one of the many reasons why I sit alone at lunch. And still during lunch I feel like someone's watching me. I overheard one of the jocks, Alex Kirk, say, "Dude! Stop looking a him, he's a freak!" I know that he's not talking about me because no one has ever looked at me, wait. What if Avi was the guy Ale-"Hello. My name's Mitch and I noticed that you were sitting alone. Do you mind if I stir next to you?" Someone, Mitch, said interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah, sure!" I said. I was actually very happy because no one sat next to me. Mitch sat down and I said, "Scott, my names Scott." "Nice name. So, I'm sorry I have to ask this, why are you sitting all alone?" Mitch asked. "No one likes me," I replied, "You'll probably hate me too." "No I won't. I don't hate anyone, Scott." I replied with, "Now you will."

Mitch was silent for a few seconds and was about to speak when I said, "I'm gay. That's why everyone hates me." I expected for him to leave but Mitch just hugged me. "Finally I know someone like me. I'm gay too!" Mitch said. I was actually happy for once in my life. "Can we be best friends," Mitch said. "Of course."