Chapter Eight - Karamatsu and Ichimatsu

Several months later...

Ichimatsu slipped on his shoes as Karamatsu grabbed their coats, readying themselves to go for a walk in the city.

Snow was covering the ground everywhere, and it was brutally cold outside, but Ichimatsu and Karamatsu didn't care. They were determined to go see all the Christmas lights illuminate the beautiful city that evening. It was something they had never done before.

Ichimatsu fumbled with the buttons on his coat, growing irritated as he failed to get it right.

"Here, let me help," Karamatsu said, buttoning up his brother's coat perfectly. Ichimatsu loved how his older brother literally took care of him. It was like he was his little pet.

Ichimatsu snorted and grabbed the strings to Karamatsu coat hoodie, pulling it over his head so it was hard for him to breathe. A devilish grin grew across his face as he heard his brother cry out for mercy.

"Please! Stop!" he wheezed, and Ichimatsu let go, proud to have made his brother panic a bit.

After several minutes of laughing and goofing about in the snow, Karamatsu grabbed his brothers hand, beginning to walk down the street with him. His camera was in the other hand, and he began to take several photos of the beautiful illuminated city.

After having wandered around for a bit, Ichimatsu stopped dead in his tracks. Tears began to fill his eyes as he realized how close he and Karamatsu had gotten.

"What's wrong?" Karamatsu asked, and Ichimatsu burst into tears, throwing himself at his brother. As if it hadn't happened before, Karamatsu remained silent as he listened to Ichimatsu while rubbing his head gently to calm him down.

"I just...thank you," he cried. "Thank you for loving me..." Ichimatsu looked up at Karamatsu weakly.

"I'll always love you, Ichimatsu," Karamatsu said, gently nuzzling his head. "And never ever forget that, okay? You are so special..."

Karamatsu moved his face dangerously close to Ichimatsu's, staring him in the eyes as it began to snow.

"Thank you..." Ichimatsu whispered hoarsely, as his nose began to bleed.

~ The End ~