Secrets

Percy Jackson

" It can't be that complicated," Taylor told me," I mean, I never knew my mom until I was 5. I mean I had seen photos and was told tons about her. But I never met her until I was 5."

" Well first I didn't know my dad until I was 12," I told Taylor and Erik," And I was never told anything about him,. When I asked, it was the same thing. He had to leave. Now I can understand why. His brothers are strict. And he wasn't the nicest to me, either."

Taylor cut me off.

" A name, maybe," Taylor suggested.

" Most popular known as Poseidon," I told them.

" Like named after the god," Erik said.

" Yeah," Taylor said," Like the Greek Olympain, Poseidon. Or in Roman version, Neptune."

" Well," I said," More like he was the Greek Olympian. I've seen him three times. But him being who he was, it sort of made me a demigod."

It was silent for a moment, them trying to figure this out.

" So that explains the Hell part," Erik said," The Underworld. But that's pretty much it. Aren't demigods forbidden from Greece and Rome?"

" Well. . ." I said," Yeah. But there was an exceptioin when Gaea wanted to come back and kill us all. Also when Kronos was a jerk and almost killed us all."

" Those people just don't like you," Taylor said," But why did it take so long?"

" Well for eight months Hera had me in California asleep," I told them,' And with out a frikkin memory. I had woken up, and Medua's sister, confidering I had killed Medusa chased me to the Roman camp. I was claimed as son of Neptune, even though I was son of Poseidon. Just didn't know it. I spent about a week there. About a year going from there, to Rome, through Hell, up in Greece, and sailing back. You fight a lot of things on those quests, then I came back, and the day before we were released from Camp, a lot of demigods felll down this hole that lead almost 80 years in the future. Of course, they try to kill me there, too. We got back today. About 150 of us."

" And a phone can't work because. . ?" Taylor asked.

" Phones help monsters track a demigod." I told them," Enough attack as it is already with my strong scent."

That night we had decided to go to a small Christmas show with people Erik worked with. It was a fundraiser for the company. People got to preform for like $3. After Taylor and Erik went off to find people the knew, I decided to get some punch.

And some chick with red hair ran into me, spilling punch all over her blouse. At least it was red. But she was pissed anyway. It was her fault. 

" Watch where you're going!" The red-head yelled at me," Suriously."

" You were the one looking down," I told her,' I was just standing here."

" Just what ever," the red head said, she was my age," I'm Rachel, Rachel Elizabeth Dare."

Crap. . . .

" Oh, crap. . . "I said said.

" What?" Rachel Elizabeth Dare asked me.

" I'm Percy," I told Rachel Elizabeth Dare," Remember me? It's been about two years.":

We started talking, she told me how camp was doing, and I gues it was doing great, and she had noticed something. The mockingjay pin Katniss had given me. It was on my outfit. The sleeve. Which was skin tight and long. Hidden under on of the over pulls is where is noticed it. How it had a bump there.

" It's called a mockingjay," I told Rachel Elizabeth Dare,' A mix of a mockingbird and a jabberjay in this place called Panem you'll learn of in about two years. It was a gift from a girl about Nico's age. Considering we were all going to die and the chances of winning are one to 48, she just gave it to me."

" Why 48?"

" Because you were one in 48 people fighting," I told Rachel Elizabeth Dare," Long story I'll tell you later."

When a girl walked on stage.

" Hi, everyone," a familiar voice said on stage," My name is Katniss Everdeen, and I call this song The Hanging Tree."

A illegal song from Panem. I never heard it, but I've heard the name.

In the middle of the song, Grover, Peeta, Gale, Annabeth, and a few others, including Effie and Haymitch had found us, so ddi Cinna, and in the middle of the song, since we were in the dead center, we raised out 3 fingers in the air. Like you'd put your hand on your heart, in Panem you rose your three fingers.

It was a touching song. Rachel Elizabeth Dare stood next to Frank Zhang, who had broken up with hazel right before just herself fell, and she rested her head on his shoulder. Annabeth's fingers and my fingers laced around each other's, and then I saw, after Katniss was done and Rue went up, Katniss and Gale's finger lace. We were all still wearing our outfits from the Hunger Games. They would be starting. Getting in the tubes right now. I wish I could see how President Snow would react to us being gone. It would be halarious.

But that was gone. At least for a while. Peeta said Panem came in 2013. We had 2 years. And if we fought in the Hunger Games, at least we were in the right time. I saw Haymitch. He looked happier than ever. Effie was talking some other women, and laughed. Cinna was over with my step-dad, and some other people, talking, laughing. It was good to see. I mean, you barely saw a smile out of these people. Haymitch because he once fought in the Hunger Games. Effie watches all these people she's helped just go and die in the Hunger Games year after year. Cinna watches all these beautiful outfits he's made for these made, knowing that he probably see these people in two weeks. They'll be dead by then.

And they were laughing.