0.27

"Spencer honey, are you ready?", Lisa peaked her head into Ethan's bedroom and found Spencer fast asleep in Ethan's lap. Ethan shhhh'ed his mom and ran his hand through Spencer's hair.

"Her head has been hurting a lot", Ethan sighed.

"We should take her to the hospital just to make sure that she's okay", Lisa said.

"Yeah but Spencer won't go. I've already asked her"

"Pete is expecting her soon", Lisa sighed and leaned against the doorway.

"Alright I'll wake her up and get her ready", Ethan said and Lisa walked out. He gently shook Spencer's shoulders while whispering her name.

"Spencer c'mon, wake up", Ethan began squishing her cheeks.

"No", she grunted and rolled off Ethan's lap.

"C'mon we have to take you to Petes house", Ethan said sadly.

Spencer didn't reply and sat there quietly. She frowned and ran her hand through her hair.

"I'm scared, I haven't seen Pete since my dads funeral", she frowned.

"I'm sure he'll be glad to see you", Ethan responded, "now c'mon, let's go".

Spencer stood up with Ethan and grabbed all the bags she could carry. Ethan grabbed the bags in her hand and sheepishly smiled at her as they walked down the stairs.

"I just talked to him and he already has your room set up and everything", Lisa said reassuringly. Spencer nodded and followed everyone out to the car.

As they drove further into the city, Spencer became more nervous. She couldn't even remember what Pete's house looked like, she used to go over with her dad as a kid. She was panicking. She wasn't really paying attention to Ethan's large hand playing with her small one.

"Alright honey, we're here", Lisa said, interrupting Spencer's thoughts. Spencer stepped out of the car and looked at the big house in front of her. Memories of her childhood flooded in as she looked at the house. The door opened and a tall man with a bald head and a beard came out, rushing down the stairs.

"Oh my god Spencer, how are you?", he asked excitedly while pulling her into a hug.

"I-I'm good Pete", she responded quietly against his shoulder.

"You can call me Uncle Pete still, you know that right?", he pulled her back and looked at her, "you've grown up so much since the last time I've seen you".

"Here I'll help you with your bags", he said quickly. He was rambling, excited to see his best friend's daughter. Spencer watched as he hauled 2 of her bags up the steps and into the house.

"He seems nice", Ethan pondered.

"Yeah, he is", Spencer smiled slightly and grabbed Ethan's hand, pulling him up the stairs. Lisa, Sean and Grayson followed behind her.

"This is my boyfriend Ethan, and his family", Spencer spoke to Pete and pointed to everyone, saying their names.

"It's great to meet you sir", Ethan said while sticking his hand out, in the wrong direction from Pete. Spencer cleared her throat and moved his hand to Pete's. Pete looked at him strangely and shook it before smiling again.

"It's great to meet you kid, you treating Spencer good?", Pete said with a stern voice. Ethan cleared his throat and stood up straighter, knowing that Pete was the closest thing Spencer has to a father, and he wanted to make a good impression.

"Always sir", Ethan said in a polite tone.

"Well I'll show you to your room Spencer", Pete said, directing his attention to Spencer.

"I'll wait in the car for you", Lisa said to Ethan before walking out with Sean and Grayson.

Spencer gripped Ethan's hand and pulled him up the stairs. She followed Pete down the large hallway and he opened a door, revealing an almost empty room. It was white and had a queen sized bed and a computer desk.

"I figured we could go to the store and pick out some paint and a bedset", Pete suggested, looking at Spencer expectantly. She nodded her head and gave a small smile.

"Is it okay if Ethan stays for a little while?", Spencer asked hopefully while clutching Ethan's hand.

"Of course. He can tag along with us later. Maybe we can stop somewhere to eat", Pete said with a smile.

Spencer's smiled grew and she gave Pete a hug.

"I'll call my mom and tell her she doesn't have to wait", Ethan said, searching his pocket for his phone. He found it and clicked the home button before saying call mom in a low voice.

Spencer walked to the closet and pulled the door open while Ethan talked to his mom. The closet was a fair size, enough to fit all of Spencer's clothes. She walked over to her bags, beginning to pull stuff out and lay them on her bare bed.

"My mom said she doesn't care how late I stay", Ethan spoke out to Spencer.

"Okay babe", Spencer said as she unloaded her bags.

"Ready to go?", Pete popped his head in and Spencer dropped the shirt she was holding.

"Holy shit Pete you scared me", she breathed out.

"When do I not scare you", he playfully rolled his eyes and nudged her.

"Shut up", she mumbled.

"Let's go", he said, ushering both Ethan and Spencer out of the room. They walked down the stairs and out to the car. Spencer slid into the backseat with Ethan, and he immediately laced his fingers with hers.

"Tomorrow we can go and get the rest of your belongings from your house", Pete said and gave Spencer a small smile.

"Alright", she sighed. She didn't want to face her mother again. She laid her head onto Ethan's shoulder and closed her eyes, thinking about how fucked up her life is.

*** GUYS im so sorry i haven't been updating frequently. i have been so stressed out about school and work and i haven't been feeling my best lately :(. i have a lot of things going on that i need to sort out but i promise that im not giving up on this book. i'll finish it for you guys, it's just ive kinda lost interest in this plot.

and ive been working on a new one for you guys ;))) i really want the new one to be an Ethan fanfic but i feel like it should be a Grayson one :/ comment which twin you want the next story to be about :)