0.4

Spencer strolled down the busy street of New York City, in a rather happy mood; which was very unusual for Spencer. As she approached the cafe, she got jittery and nervous. The thought of Ethan made her nervous. He was a blind boy, why did he intimidate her so much?

As she entered the cafe, her eyes shot straight to their seat. There he was. Sitting and waiting for her.

"Boo" she whispered at him.

"Spencer" he said happily.

"Ethan" she sat down across from him and took off her coat. "You smell good Spence" Ethan leaned closer and sniffed her. She smiled and said "first off, my name is not Spence. And second of all, thank you".

"I'm gonna call you Spence" he smirked at her. She cringed, "whatever Ethan". The waitress came over and took their orders.

They sat and talked for a while before Ethan said "Spencer would you like to, uh, maybe go out for dinner or something tonight?", he stuttered a little bit. Ethan was always so confident in himself, so it was odd to Spencer to see him get nervous. She giggled a little and teased him, "Ethan, are you asking me on a date?"

"Well I don't know Spence, you tell me" he teased back.

"Stop calling me that", she groaned.

"Go out with me and I will"

"How do I know you're gonna keep that promise?"

"C'mon Spence, just go out with me"

She smiled and nodded, but then remembered he couldn't see her. "Okay" she smiled and looked at Ethan as his smiled grew bigger.

"I'll, uh, pick you up at 7 then" Ethan spoke nervously. She giggled at him, remembering he was blind and couldn't pick her up. "How are you gonna do that silly?" He smiled at her and said "well I'll have my brother Grayson drive us".
"You know I can just drive us Ethan, it's no big deal"

"No no, I am taking you out, not the other way around"

Spencer smiled at him, and said "Okay Ethan, whatever you say".

~~

Spencer was rushing around her room looking for something to wear. Even though Ethan can't see her, she felt the need to look nice, for him. She eventually pulled on black leggings and an oversized sweater, with boots. She curled her hair and then pulled a beanie over her head. She put on some of the perfume that Ethan seemed to like and walked out her bedroom door. She was nervous, really nervous.

She walked downstairs to wait for Ethan, and nervously sat at the couch and waited for him to arrive. As soon as she heard a knock on the door, she shot up and opened the door.

Ethan stood there with a single rose in his hand and a smile on his face. She looked him up and down, he was wearing jeans and a crewneck; he looked so attractive.

"Spencer" he breathed out.

"Ethan" she replied quietly.

He stuck the rose out for her to take and she put it in a vase in the kitchen. She walked back out and grabbed Ethan's hand, helping him down the stairs.

"You look beautiful Spencer" Ethan smiled at her as she led him to the car.

"You can't even see me Ethan" she laughed, opening the back door for him.

"I don't need to see you to know that you look beautiful"

"What if I was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt" she laughed, thinking back to the time they first met. Because god she was a mess that day.