Don't run away

Gaara's pov

"Y/n, I-" Gaara started, reaching his hand out towards you. But you were already gone.

Don't leave.

He held his hand over his chest and clenched his fingers around his heart.

She loves me?

But...

How could anyone feel this for me.

Suddenly the world fell away from Gaara for just a moment. Stumbling he supported himself upon the door frame. The screams of Temari and Kankuro's whimpers were all but a distant memory.

"Whaat..."  Gaara clutched his chest, ears ringing. Without warning his knees gave way and he found himself upon the floor. It was only when he felt something wet fall down his cheeks that he whispered to himself.

"What is wrong with me."

~taimingu-sukippu~

"Gaara. Gaara can you hear me?"

"Temari!" An estranged voice wailed.

"Shh!" Temari spat sharply. "Stop crying."

"But Temariiiiii. What if he... *sniff* dies!"

It was in that moment that a loud thud was heard. "Shut up Kankuro he isn't dying. I think he just had a bit of a shock."

"And who's fault is that," Kankuro huffed all-knowingly, puffing out his chest.

"Excuse me?"

"Well he obviously heard what you said about y/n. Makes sense, ne?"

Her eyes shot at her brother in an all-flaming rage.

"O-okay." He choked. "It wouldn't have happened if I didn't lock her in there. But why would it make him like this."

Temari sighed as she plonked down on the couch next to Gaara.

"I think in his heart he does know that people love him, Naruto helped him see that; in his own way. But I don't think he truly understands how much we care. All of us. For him... this is so foreign. Our love, the village's love for their kage, the love of friendship. If he hasn't even grasped those concepts how do you think our little brother would react to y/n' s romantic love?"

"He probably doesn't believe it."

"Exactly."

Suddenly Gaara shot up.

"Gaara! Are you okay? You've been out for hours. We had to drag you to the couch."

Gaara looked at Kankuro who nodded in agreement. "You've been crying in your sleep."

Temari not so subtly kicked him in the back of the knee and the puppet master staggered with a grunt.

"I mean sweating. You were totally sweating."

Gaara stay silently as his siblings watched over him curiously. This was something that he needed to figure out and all they could do was be there for him when he was ready.

.....

Hii lovelies,

Well, it's been a loooong time.. sorry ts short.
Honestly I didn't think anyone would like this story or was even reading it. I stopped writing for ages after my heartbreak, it is hard to write when so sad.
But after being woken up at 3am after what felt like a thousand notifications from a reader I felt it was time, haha. ありがとう!