Hangover.

[Chresanto’s POV]

Last night was unexplainable.  I wanted to wait until after the date because it would be just right, but I couldn’t. I don’t know, I was just ready, and I know she was too. After spending the rest of the day with her, I decided to go by my boy Craig’s house. I feel like we haven’t talked in minute.

“Wassup Man?” I said walking through the door dapping him.

“Ahh nothing much man. Come have a seat. You want something to drink?”

“Nah I’m good. But thanks.”

“Good, cuz if you did I wasn’t gon get it for you anyways.” He said as he sat down.

“Man whatever. How you been? It feels like we haven’t talked in a while.”

“I know. But I’ve been good, I’m probably bout to start looking for a job soon.” He said turning the tv down a bit.

“Why? What’s wrong with what you doing now?” I asked.

“I’m not really doing anything.”

“Whatchu mean? You singing & shit, and you good at too.”

“Yeah I’m doing that, but these lil gigs I’m doing aren’t paying me enough.  Plus, if I continue with singing I don’t see myself going anywhere or getting big ya’ know?” He said readjusting himself in his seat.

“Well if you feel like that, what’s your plan b?”

“I was thinking about being a personal trainer, then after doing that for a while maybe I’ll open up a gym of my own or something.”

“Sounds like good money to me. But whatever you choose, you got my support.”

“Thanks man. You talk to Ray or Jake lately?”

“Nah, you?”

“I talked to Ray yesterday, but I haven’t heard from Jake.”

“We all need to go out for drinks or something.” I suggested.

It seems like we’ve all been kinda distant so why not? 

“Fine by me.” He said grabbing his keys.

[Kiani’s POV]

After school I had Deb and I decided to stop by Meena’s to go and check on her, seeing as she didn’t come to school today due to a “long night.” Deb and I got out the car and waited a good 10 minutes in front of the door before it finally opened, and it wasn’t even Meena who opened the door.

“Hey Chris.”

“Hey Cuz and hey hoodrat.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at my 11 year old cousin. He stayed referring to Deb as a hoodrat.

“Lil boy don’t try me, you know we can throw hands right now!” Deb said jokingly as she pushed him lightly.

“Pssshhhh, you don’t want this!”

“Aw yeah?”

“I’ll beat cho’ butt!” Chris said getting into his fighting stance, one that would not help his lil ass at all if he ever got into a real fight.

“Let’s go then!”

As I walked up the stairs, I looked at both of these fools as they began to play fight and just laughed. Turning the corner I walked into Meena’s room hearing her singing horribly from her closet.