chapter twelve: [sleep away]

Start from the beginning

   Sheriff gazed at his son in relief, thankful he had shown up just in time. His eyes glanced to the blood running from Stiles' forehead, dismissing it for the time being.

"I always said aluminum was better than wood." Sheriff lightly chuckled. Stiles relaxed visibly, before he and his father pulled each other into a hug.

    Everyone smiled at the two, taking deep breaths from their near death experience of almost being sacrificed.

    And just like that, she wasn't with them anymore. Suddenly, she was looking into a barn and it was almost sunny-like outside from the above lunar eclipse. Scott was there, Derek too. Her old English teacher, Jennifer Blake was there. Until she changed.

       Her face became deformed, scratches dragged across her face. She looked like nothing she looked like before. Her eyes focused on Scott, sending him flying to the other wall of the barn. Derek stepped away to avoid her, which made her look straight to Deucalion, one not in his Alpha form due to the lunar eclipse. She grabbed him, furiously and threw him on the ground. His head hit the floor and he moaned out in pain. Grabbing the top of his head, she continued the smash the back of his head to the ground. A red bloody smudge was left and his eyes began to roll, showing only the whites.

    "Jennifer!" Derek called out. Her head spun around, an angry face plastered. "He doesn't know."

"Know what?" She snapped in a deranged voice.

   "What you really look like." He responded. "He knows the cost of bringing Kali into his pack, but he's never seen the price you paid."

She had thought for a moment, looking back to the half-concious Deucalion.

    "No. No, he hasn't."

  Leaning down, she placed her gloved hand over his eyes, before closing her own. Deucalion began to shake and scream in horror, shaking his head furiously. She removed her hand slowly and his eyes were clear, normal.

    "Turn to me." She spoke lowly. When he didn't follow command, she became angry. "Turn to me!"

    Shaking, Deucalion sputtered as he turned his head slowly. He saw the normal Jennifer, the English teacher Jennifer. Her teeth gritted and fist clenched, she drew back her hand until she began to stumble. Derek ran out and caught her, attempting to keep her held up.

    "What's happening?" She softly uttered, barely able to say that.

"Healing him made you weak, just like healing Cora did to me. You won't have your strength for at least a few minutes." Derek sighed.

   "Then you do it." She looked up to him. "Kill him."

"No." Derek firmly stated. Jennifer looked up, confused.

   "What?"

"Like my mother always used to say. I'm a predator. I don't have to be a killer."

    Derek's hand griped her throat, causing her to gasp. "Let them go."

Jennifer, infuriated, regained strength and threw Derek to a pile of crates. His groan in pain was interrupted when she swiped at his face. Again, and again.

   Standing up and leaving, Jennifer turned her back, hoping he'd stay down. But he didn't. Derek stood up once more and tried to go after her again. She grabbed him and pressed him against the wall, pounding his body against it. Over and over and over again, his back hit it, sending shots of pain.