~Part One~

~Part One~

Three.

Three months.

Three months since the universe became a dark place.

A frightening, soul-sucking waste of time. Lifeless. Order-less. Purposeless. Emotionless.

With each day that passed, he struggled to hold onto the light. He fought within himself over and over again, determining the difference between what was truly good and what was the evil worming its way between the cracks in his shattered heart. The darkness would dig into his very being with icicle fingers, prying and tearing and ripping away at the man he'd been before. The man she'd fallen in love with. The man he needed to be.

It was cold now, he noticed. Cold and lonely here where his sorrow burrowed between his ribs and fed off what little feeling he had left in his heart, like a leech sucking the blood from its victims. He didn't fight it anymore. The sadness. The despair. The overwhelming self-hatred. It was merely a part of him now, a piece added where another had been taken.

He didn't expect the redness of his pupils to come from the complete and utter heartbreak he'd suffered through. The hopelessness. The failure. When the Jedi would preach about staying away from the Dark Side, their lessons seemed to solely revolve around avoiding anger. Anger and hatred, hatred and anger. A dynamic duo infamous for bringing down even the strongest of Jedi. Even the strongest of people with mighty hearts of gold and enough compassion to last a lifetime. 

Obi-Wan didn't even consider that the feeling of loss would be his downfall.