NCT's All About

The members were all formerly part of the Pre-debut group SM Rookies.

Taeyeong, Ten, Jaehyun, and Mark were introduced in 2013, While Taeil and Doyoung were introduced in 2015.

In January 2016, Teacher Lee Soo-Man nim gave a presentation titled "SMTOWN:  New Culture Technology 2016" at the SM Coex Artium, speaking about S.M Entertainment plans for a new boy group line with their 'culture contents' stragedy that would be debuting in different countries around the world. Later that month SM Entertainment released three clips for the project: " 1. THE ORIGIN " "2. SYNCHRONIZATION OF YOUR DREAMS " featuring Taeyeong, Hansol, Ten, Jaehyun and Mark dancing to an earlier version of NCT U's Debut Single "3. '7th Sense' " SM Rookies member Winwin.

Lee SooMan has announced early on this year that they plan to debut a new boy band into different project groups, which will debut in different countries at different times.

SM’s Neo Culture Technology: NCT Profile
The first sub-unit of NCT had arrived on April 9th, and they’re called NCT U.
The U stands of “United” and “Unit”. It appears that NCT U, although a sub-unit, plans on being United with the other project groups. Since we still have limited information about each member, we will keep anxious NCT-fans updated as any new information is released!