Hood

I talk about The Mountain with so much pride one might think that it was some beautiful place to go on holiday...

Well...

One would be dead wrong...

One probably just be found dead if one did not live there and went there...

Because that was our potential day to day outcome and we lived there...

The Mountain as we affectionately refer to our hood was the most dangerous place to visit in my home state when I was growing up...

My pride comes from having survived THE GHETTO!!!

Having made out alive...

With ability to come and go back to the hood with same potential of survival as I had when I grew up there...

A major achievement in and of itself...

So although seemingly glorified in song and film, the ghetto is no playground to broke and infamous...

The people living in ghetto are not there because they want to be...

So why anyone who wasn't from the ghetto want to go there???

A piece of advice that should be most helpful...

If you are not from the ghetto... Don't go there and not expect to be treated ghetto!!!

The ghetto is nothing to play with...

Hood©
EdwinBrown9®™
9/3/16

------------------------------------------------------
Author's note:

Granite Mountain was home to Booker Homes. The largest and most dangerous of the four housing projects in Little Rock, Arkansas from the 1950s thru the late 1990s  When the entire facility was torn it house approximately 1/8th of the entire city of Little Rock's entire Black population...

While my parents were home owners. The width of one city street separated my neighborhood from the housing project...

There was literally no separation!!!

The entire Granite Mountain community was...

THE GHETTO!!!