Chapter 3: A midnight stroll

Edited: 26/06/18

*************************************

Jade handed Zaliki an envelope with her check for the night's work. It was a little before midnight when they had eventually finished up clearing after the party.

"Zaza are you sure I can't give you a ride home?"
Jade asked Zaliki as they said their goodbyes at the front of the restaurant door. It all looked normal now with all the earlier guests from before gone.

"The subway isn't that far off J, I will be fine...and thanks for this." Zaliki said gesturing to her check as she shoved it in her bag. She hugged her friend goodbye and Jade turned and went towards her old beat up Cadillac. She called her old reliable. Zaliki shoved her hands into her coat chuckling at the loud bang Jade's car made as she drove off. She began her walk towards the subway station, the city was still alive bustling with people everywhere. Miami never slept on a Friday, Zaliki thought when she saw a couple making out at a bus stop. A car lights shone bright in her direction, the glare to bright for her to see, she waited on the side thinking it was her friend Jade deciding to give her a ride after all. But she realized it was a much newer car the it got.

The car came to a halt next to where she stood. The back window opened and seated in the back was blue eyes himself smirking at her.

"Can I give you a ride?" Alexander asked smiling at her.

"Oh hey, it's you. I thought it was...no never mind. I mean no thank you I'm going to use the train."
Zaliki said trying to gather her thoughts on seeing the one person she least expected to ever cross paths with again. Alexander always seemed to manage to get her flustered and distracted.

"Come on I insist plus these streets are no place for a lady at night. Come on...I promise, I don't bite. Plus, you can educate me on what other food we were being served tonight. I found it most interesting not to mention delicious."

He said giving her the widest smile as the car rolled on slowly keeping with her pace, he hung out of the window of the station wagon watching her as she kept walking. Alex motioned to his driver to stop and he got out and held the door open for her willing her to go in. Zaliki looked at him standing there all her senses telling her to keep walking but she found herself walking back towards the car.

"Do you know Little Havana, sorry but I doubt it's your usual hang." Zaliki said before going into the car.

"Well after tonight I will..." Alex said chuckling urging Zaliki to get into the car. He hopped in after her and let his driver know where they were headed before closing the dividing window.

Alexander was glad he had decided to go back in search of the caramel beauty who had more than intrigued him and even challenged him. He had hoped to find her still there, they had left the restaurant a little after eleven PM and gone to continue the party at a club. He had found himself thinking about her the rest of the night. Remembering her curly hair, he wanted to run his fingers through that hair feel what it was like against his skin.

"So I'm Alex, short for Alexander." He said once the car began moving.

"I know." Zaliki said smirking at him and not offering her name in exchange.

"Really. You shouldn't believe everything you read." Alex replied. He found himself defending himself. For some reason he didn't want her thinking of him as a playboy, the tabloids had always managed to catch him at his worst. He didn't want her thinking that was the real him.

"Oh so you're famous now. I know you from high school." Zaliki stated.
"No way, you were at Everglades? Alex said looking her over as if that would somehow make him place her.