Chapter 15: Talk to Me

Start from the beginning

Finally, there was Spider who was several feet taller; brown, black, white, and grey hair had spread over his body, with the tattered remains of his suit getting stretched farther and farther across his frame and hid any remaining skin. He had two long, sinister looking fangs that protruded from his mouth, with green veins of poison webbed across it. Spiders tattered mask had torn been torn from his head somewhere around week 2 on Tuesday, where he was revealed to have spawned four more eyes on his forehead. Long, barb-like spike poked from his wrists and ankles, as well as growing on his fingertips. Spider spent his time making sure his pack had enough food, making sure they behaved, got along, and over-all watched them like a Hawk from a corner of the room, or his web on the ceiling. Though he did play with them all occasionally, if they ever got lonely or sulky. But mostly he made sure they were safe, if anything new or unfamiliar was found, he was the first to investigate it until he deemed it hazardless-it annoyed the others at times, but they got used to his protective nature eventually.

Up in the tricarrier, it was Kazar, Power-Man, and Agent Venom watching the monitors. They sat on the chairs lazily, eyes flitting over the screens. It was around midday, when the sun was highest in the sky. The Infected weren't doing anything interesting at the moment, mostly just lazing around, and dosing on and off. The three teens didn't say much, or try to start up a conversation. There honestly wasn't much to talk about; any kind of subject had been discussed over the last weeks.

Agent Venom twirled boredly in his swirly chair, looking up into the ceiling and wondering how sick he could get if he twirled faster. Power-Man sat with his arms folded, back against the chair with a calm expression-but he could've been asleep, it was hard to tell with his sunglasses on over his eyes. Kazar was the only one intently watching the screens, he watched Zabu as the giant cat tried to get Tiger to play with him, but the feline just kept snapping and swiping her claws at him in annoyance.

Kazar smiled a little as Zabu kept pestering her, as a familiar feel of longing burst in his chest. He missed his brother so much, they have never been separated this long-not even when Zabu had been captured by Taskmaster-and it hurt. Not physically, but emotionally. Kazar could feel the mystical connection he had with Zabu; it was like a string pulling at his chest, pulling him back to his brother. But it was impossible to see Zabu now, despite the cameras-he just longed to run free with his cat-brother like they used to.

Agent Venom stops twirling in his chair for a moment, hunching over as he tries to get his head to stop spinning. Once he looks up, he spots Kazar, "Dude, what are you looking at?" he asks, sliding across the floor on his chair, and stopping next to the other boy, before looking at the screens. "They're not even doing anything." Kazar doesn't even look in Agent Venom's direction, his eyes remains stationary on the screens.

Noticing Zabu, and the longing look in Kazar's eyes, Agent Flash nodded in understanding, "So, you miss your brother huh?"

"Of course," Kazar answers, "Why wouldn't I? Zabu is my brother, we rule Savage Lands together. He is all I have and..." Kazar sighs and leans back in his chair, "and I can't even help him." Agent Venom sits still for a moment, before he claps an awkward (but friendly) hand on Kazar's shoulder. "Don't worry about it, Spidey will watch over him." Agent Venom tried not to flinch as he says it, his fingers itched to touch the spot where is bruises once were. They long ago healed, but sometimes it felt like they were still there.

But it seems to work, Kazar looks at another screen where Spider is sitting on his web, watching as Zabu tries to prompt Tiger into chasing him, and his gaze softens. "I-I suppose you are right." Kazar says, letting out a breath. "I am sure he is in good hands."

"Yeah, all eight of them." Agent Venom murmurs, wincing, and fighting the urge to rub his neck.

Before he can, Power-Man speaks up, "You just made a pun, Spidey would be so proud." He sits up in his chair, arms unfolding from atop of chest. "I thought you were asleep." Agent Venom accuses.