Chapter 2

Chapter 2! Hopefully I will be updating every week. I'm pretty into this story and I've barely started!

 I'm pretty into this story and I've barely started!

(Rain POV)

I hear knocking against the door. I sit up straight as fast as I can. Then I remember. I'm at a new place now. This isn't Brett. But Brett told me that I would just disappoint others.

I hope I haven't messed up already. More knocking. "I'm sorry! I'm coming!" I say loud enough for the person on the other side of the door to hear.

Throwing off the covers, I rush to my feet and hurry to the door. I look down at myself and see I'm still wearing the same thing as last night. What a great impression, Rain.

I brace myself and open the door slightly. There's a girl on the other side of it with a sweet smile on her face. She has brown hair and green eyes. "Oh my God!" She squeals. Why is she so happy? Shouldn't she be like me? Or is she told to act happy? "You're Rain, right?" I nod. "Hi, I'm Alex. One of the maids here. I was told to let you have a little rest before I came and got you for your first day ..." She looks me up and down. Suddenly, I feel self conscious. "Silly. You can't work in those clothes. C'mon." She grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room and down the hall.

I try to pull back. "W-wait. I haven't cleaned my room."

"Rain. It's your room. You're not going to get in trouble for it. You can clean it later."

I don't get it. Don't I get punished for not doing the normal chores? Is she going to get me in trouble?

She pulls me into another room. Hers, I'm sure. It's so ... girly? "Luca hasn't bought you any clothes yet because he doesn't know your size ... but for now, you can use some of my outfits."

Did she just call our boss by his first name? Something is so weird about how this place is. It all must be a trap. She moves to her closet and pulls out one of the maid outfits. "This one is smaller, so it might fit you. Try it on." She hands me the outfit and I take it.

I stand there, waiting for her to leave the room. However, she doesn't leave. She just stands there and looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Oh. Would you like some privacy?"

I nod my head.

"Okay. I'm so sorry. I'll stand outside the room and come out when you're ready. I'll make sure no one enters." She smiles and steps out of the room.

I'm not sure if I can do this. I have bruises on my legs. I was told it's ugly and inappropriate to show. I didn't bring any makeup, though. I brought nothing. I didn't expect to end up in a mansion. I'm going to be in so much trouble.

Staring at the outfit in my hands, I prepare for what will come later. I pull my hoodie, shirt, and sweatpants off. I put on the outfit then brace myself to look at the mirror on my right.