Chapter 6

"I need to find her!" I yelled to Daniel.
"You don't even know where she is! But I suppose if we're going to look for her we should stop at my house to get some stuff." We ran to Daniels house and opened the door to the manor. Oh yeah, did I mention his father is the mayor.  His mother was in the doorway.
"Hi honey! We are having fish tonight. I'd say that it's white perch based on its temper and stubbornness. Just wait out here because I'll be right back." She walked down the hall into a cellar lit by a fireplace. It was cold and made of stones. Of course, Daniel and I followed her. She just seemed different. We watched from around the corner as she talked.
"Let me go Monica! I can't tell you anything." She slapped Daniels mother with her tail.
"Shut up fish. Either tell me where Oceania, Galia, Syrena, or the gem is!" She yelled. I peeked around the corner. I saw a women with bruises and dried blood from a bloody nose. She was lashed and beaten. She had a black eye a various cuts on her lip and face. I then just realized that it was Grace. Her tail went from a beautiful hot pink to a dark maroon turning to brown. Like a leaf that was dying until it turned brown. Her stringy hair was still wet from being in the water.
"I'm telling you I don't know!" She said as tears streamed freely down her cheeks.
"You do know!" She yelled.
"I promise I don't. I know one day though you'll die, though."
"I can't die Graceland. You banned me from the sea. I'm like a form of energy that can only be seen if I'm in someone's body, otherwise I'm transparent. Also, if you kill me you kill the boy's mother. Plus, Libra is an idiot anyway. Gave up her fin for feet just to marry a human?! You wouldn't want to never have a tail anymore would you?" She taunted.
"I'm not telling you where it is."
"Ah,so you do know. Finally the stubborn fish is useful. And if you won't tell me I'll hurt your little niece."
"Please don't. I'll do anything just don't hurt her!" Grace pleaded. I grabbed a book I saw by the cellar and crept in behind Monica. I whacked her in the back of the head and grabbed my aunt. She got her legs and all three of us ran to the beach. We hid under the dock.
"Are you Ariella?" I turned around to see a women. Her voice was soft and powerful like the waves. She had the same color hair as me and robin egg blue eyes. Her pale skin had a few freckles across her cheeks and nose. Instead of legs she had a sapphire blue tail.
"Oceania I thought she killed you."
"I fled before she had the chance." She said quietly. Daniel and I sat there just listening.
"As I was saying, you are Ariella. I am correct, aren't I?" She asked. I just nodded my head.
"I've missed you daughter." And she hugged me.
"You mean your my mom?" I asked. She nodded. I hugged her more.
"There you are you despicable girl!" Screamed Monica. I started screaming as something happen.
"You promised you wouldn't hurt her!" Exclaimed Grace.
"I'm not you took something from me so I'll take something from you!"
"Daniel?" I whimpered. He didn't answer. In fact, he wasn't there.
*****
I wasn't under the dock anymore. I was in a cave. The same one that Ariel described. I didn't read the writing. I saw something emerge in the cave from the water. Ariella's hair floated on top of the water and tears streamed down her face.
"Ariel lets go back to my house I know a short cut." I told her.
"I can't" she replied.
"Why?"
"Because I can't get my legs back. I'm a mermaid permanently!" She snapped. She heaved herself out of the water and started crying into my chest. Her long brown hair fell into her face.
"Let's go back to the dock. I think I know something to defeat Monica."
She wiped away her tears and we swam back to the dock.
*****
When we got back there was a blind mermaid. Her silvery hair matches her perfectly blue tail.
"Tell Monica to drink this." She said in an eerie voice.
"Got it Galia." Said Oceania.
"Monica drink this it will turn you mermaid." Said Galia. Monica drank this and she exited Mrs. Williams body to leave her limp. Monica had red hair in a braid that went down to her knee. Her violet eyes matched her tail and she had a seaweed top. Out of nowhere she went limp.
"I poisoned the potion. She is dead now. Also, now since she is dead my sister and Ariella can turn human again." Said Galia. We got out of the water and our legs appeared. Maybe this mermaid thing will work out after all. Grace, Mom, Daniel, and I woke up Libra. Then we walked home to get some sleep after a tiring day.