Chapter 2: Confession Rehearsal (Part 1)

"It's already been seven years since then, huh......"

I pull out the yearbook from the back of my closet and mutter this to myself.

On the cover is the name of my Alma mater, and my current workplace, "Sakuragaoka High School."

"So nostalgic. The design hasn't changed at all, either."

If I were to compare it with the yearbook that had been passed out in the faculty room the other day, I wouldn't be able to tell which was mine. The differences are as slight as spotting a light tan.

"Never really had the chance to look through this again since graduating."

I'm about to open it up for the first time in a while, but my slightly trembling fingers only lift the cover.

"...... Gosh, aren't I being a bit too nervous here?"

I laugh softly and turn my eyes downcast.

After taking a deep breath, I slowly turn the page.

"Wow, everyone's so young!"

Of course, it isn't anything like looking at a kindergarten or elementary school yearbook, where some people might be almost unrecognizable. Still, there's something innocent about the smiles of my friends in the photos.

My short, soft hair hasn't changed, but compared to now, I had a much more demure look back then.

During high school, I'd often hang out in a six-person group of three girls and three guys.

Nowadays, we still meet up to talk about the old days, or catch up with each other.

Except for one person.

"I wonder how they're doing......"

We hadn't met since graduation, but I always remember them smiling bright like the sun.

When I close my eyes, my memories of high school come back in vivid detail.

The memories of those bright, bittersweet days where I'd always given it my all.

Enomoto Natsuki

Birthday: June 27
Horoscope Sign: Cancer
Blood Type: O

Loves to exercise and draw manga. In the Art Club. Currently has one-sided feelings for Yuu, but can't bring herself to be honest about them.

practice 1

It all started with a letter.

Placed in her childhood friend, Setoguchi Yuu's shoe locker—a love letter. He had been called to the back of the gym during the lunch break, been confessed to by a cute, underclassman girl with short hair, and come back to the classroom afterwards.

"I just turned her down, seeing as how entrance exams are coming up, too."

Natsuki let out a sigh of relief when Yuu reported this in a plain tone.

However, her heart immediately went wild again. Although he pretended like it was nothing, her childhood friend was blushing in a way she'd never seen before.

'I thought for sure that Yuu wasn't interested in love or anything like that......'

Even after school, the words that Natsuki had held back still lingered in her heart.

Since she was so focused on video games, manga, and club activities all the time, she'd never really talked to him about love and things before. She realized that was the only reason why she assumed he wasn't interested.