Hide & Seek

"Five...Four...Three. Two. One!' the young boy exclaims as he uncovered his eyes. The small house seemed so much bigger as the boy walks aimlessly searching for his younger sister.

"Emily! Come out, come out!' he called out stopping to listen. He heard mumbling coming from their room, but as he drew near, the mumbling became clear.

"I can't play right now, I have to hide before big brother finds me' came the small voice of his sister, Emily. He slowly inches closer to the door, looking through the small keyhole.

A low hissing voice starting speaking, but there was no one but Emily in the room, 'Don't you want to play with me? Come on it'll be fun!"

Emily huffed, but look regretful as she replied,' I do, but what about Daniel?" She looked towards the door causing Daniel to duck down. The hissing voice speaks again, 'That is fine, and he can play too. The more the merrier!" As Daniel looks slowly rises to peek through the key hole, a pair of glowing red eyes pops into view. Daniel jumps back with a frightened shriek.

The door slowly creaks open to reveal Emily standing in the entrance with a small smile. She holds out her hand to Daniel, who now cowers away from his little sister so much different from before as her skin appears as dark as ash and her eyes the color of fire. "Daniel, come play with us,' two voices spoke at the same time. One voice sounding of hissing and the other, his sister.

Daniel screams as he is pulled into the room by an unknown force and the door slams shut. The faint pounding of fists against the door slowly fade, as do the screams.

..... Later that night, Daniel and Emily's parents come home to find Emily all alone with Daniel nowhere to be found. When to two asked Emily where her brother is she then became to giggle as the two voices spoke again, "Daniel and I are playing Hide and Seek. Would you like to play? One hint: Under 6 feet deep. That's where Daniel and the real Emily lay."